PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and Salutations

Stryker
November 25th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Hello everyone. My name is Mike and I come to you from the world of Windows and Microsoft. I'm trying to reduce my dependance on the two and am making my attempt to understand Linux. So far I have managed to get a linux version installed on my laptop and am getting a crash course in driver installation. It's a heckuva lot different than Windows that's for sure!

Anyways, I am starting off with Ubuntu because it was recommended by a friend of mine.

A little about me...I do computer support for a college. I have a family with 2 children. I'm 24 years old and love computers and computer games. I play WoW and help administrate www.eptexasgaming.com and it's Enemy Territory servers in my spare time. I'm possibly switching jobs to work for a small computer support business/ISP. I'll know more on Monday. I'm a forum addict and love talking tech. Feel free to send me an e-mail or chat.

Cheers,
Mike (Stryker)

Xian
November 26th, 2005, 02:10 AM
Hi, Mike. I usually don't reply to these kind of threads since I despise extroverts (mostly its just jealousy). However, you seem like a nice chap and appear to be somewhat tolerable. So, welcome aboard and help us bail a little water around here won't you?

KiwiNZ
November 26th, 2005, 02:12 AM
Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride

Stryker
November 28th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Hi, Mike. I usually don't reply to these kind of threads since I despise extroverts (mostly its just jealousy). However, you seem like a nice chap and appear to be somewhat tolerable. So, welcome aboard and help us bail a little water around here won't you?

lol. Thanks for the welcome. I usually don't make these posts because I'm actually not an extrovert. I prefer the simplistic nature of machines and computers to people, but I found out a long time ago that people are necessary to function properly.

Thank you for the warm welcomes. I'll be posting plenty of problems as I stumble through learning Linux and Ubuntu.

Spade_One
November 28th, 2005, 07:00 PM
There doesn't seem to be an introduction thread, so if you don't mind I'll just hitch a ride on yours.

Hello all, I'm new to the world of linux. Started of with Suse 6.0 some time ago but gave up quickly, not my cuppa. A couple of weeks ago a friend of mine introduced me to ubuntu and I liked it right away. So it's here to stay!

I'm not really an extrovert either so I'll leave it at this.

Cheers, Bert (Spade_One)