PDA

View Full Version : Need a citation for Ubuntu's Nelson Mandela interview video.

whoscheesemine
October 16th, 2008, 06:57 PM
I'm doing an informative speech on Ubuntu, and when I get into the philosophy of it I quote Nelson Mandela, but my professor is not going to accept it untill I find a citation for the video. Merely citing wikipedia or youtube simply isn't going to cut it. Can anyone help me out here?

bodhi.zazen
October 16th, 2008, 07:22 PM
http://www.google.com/search?q=Nelson+Mandela+Ubuntu&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

whoscheesemine
October 16th, 2008, 07:55 PM
thank you for your input, but i don't think my professor is going to accept a citation from a random blog (if that's what you were recurring to by the link at the top of the list) being as its not a "creditable source" knowing who actually did the interview and what not, would make it creditable in his eyes.

hmm I find it very hard to find it a coincidence but your signature is actually the direct other quote that I wasn't able to find a citation for either. You wouldn't happen to know the citation of that quote either would you?

A person with ubuntu is open and available to others, affirming of others, does not feel threatened that others are able and good, for he or she has a proper self-assurance that comes from knowing that he or she belongs in a greater whole and is diminished when others are humiliated or diminished, when others are tortured or oppressed. ~ Archbishop Desmond Tutu, 1999

bodhi.zazen
October 16th, 2008, 08:08 PM
thank you for your input, but i don't think my professor is going to accept a citation from a random blog (if that's what you were recurring to by the link at the top of the list) being as its not a "creditable source" knowing who actually did the interview and what not, would make it creditable in his eyes.

hmm I find it very hard to find it a coincidence but your signature is actually the direct other quote that I wasn't able to find a citation for either. You wouldn't happen to know the citation of that quote either would you?

K e e p S e a r c h i n g ...

It is your assignment ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmond_Tutu

whoscheesemine
October 27th, 2008, 07:42 AM
well, come to find out, after turning in the assignment and speaking with my professor, he would have excepted that blog as an appropriate citation, but noted that in many speaking situations it may not be considered a "creditable source". regardless, i shall continue my search, providing i find the time between work, school, and partying, and hopefully the next person looking for an accredited source will be able to. if i do come accross it i'll make sure to first post it here and declair it as solved, and then i'll follow it by begining a new thread with appropriate keywords so that a good google or ubuntuforums search should provide them the answer they need. you would be so rediculously suprised how many of my OWN posts i have found on this website through the art of googlin'