PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu 8.10 - what time?

m_ad
October 16th, 2008, 02:49 PM
I've been so excited about the new Ubuntu release that I've noticed myself going to Ubuntu.com to check the countown every day :lolflag:

This will be my first version of Ubuntu that I download on the release date. I was curious if there is any info on what time, and the best way to obtain the release.

Sorry if this is the wrong section, I just didn't see anywhere else to post it :confused:

Joeb454
October 16th, 2008, 02:51 PM
It really depends. Expect downtime on any Ubuntu website that day due to high demand though

Ms_Angel_D
October 16th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Not sure, I would just keep checking, but If I we're you I would plan on using torrent to get it, the servers may take a pretty decent hit on that day.

damis648
October 16th, 2008, 02:52 PM
I've been so excited about the new Ubuntu release that I've noticed myself going to Ubuntu.com to check the countown every day :lolflag:

This will be my first version of Ubuntu that I download on the release date. I was curious if there is any info on what time, and the best way to obtain the release0.

Sorry if this is the wrong section, I just didn't see anywhere else to post it :confused:

It will be out on the 30th, not sure what time though. I think hardy was out like 6 in the morning? I can't recall..

Izek
October 16th, 2008, 02:56 PM
It really depends. Expect downtime on any Ubuntu website that day due to high demand though

Just like OpenOffice.org when 3.0.0 came out.

Joeb454
October 16th, 2008, 02:58 PM
I think hardy was out like 6 in the morning? I can't recall..

That depends entirely on your timezone :)

Just like OpenOffice.org when 3.0.0 came out.

Exactly ;)

damis648
October 16th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Yeah... when Hardy came out the servers were so packed I had to torrent it.

cookieofdoom
October 16th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Torrenting is the best way to get it, and if you have the bandwidth you can leave the torrent seeding for a while so other people can get it. It's a great way to give back to the community and it doesn't require a whole lot of time/effort.

damis648
October 16th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Torrenting is the best way to get it, and if you have the bandwidth you can leave the torrent seeding for a while so other people can get it. It's a great way to give back to the community and it doesn't require a whole lot of time/effort.

Of course. :popcorn: