PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Trouble: Install Open VMWare Tools on Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy

haize
October 16th, 2008, 11:07 AM
I run configure under vmware-tools, but it always encounters a error: checking for uriFreeQueryListA in -luriparser… no
configure: error: uriparser library not found or is too old. Please configure without Unity (using –disable-unity) or install the liburiparser devel package.

I did installed libuiriparser-dev and found its library in /usr/lib and its header files in /usr/include/uriparser

So I used the command: CFLAGS=”-I /usr/include/uriparser” CPPFLAGS=”-I /usr/include/uriparser” LDFLAGS=”-L /usr/lib” ./configure

But it doesn’t work yet. I googled a lot but no answer can be found.

my environment:
Ubuntu 8.04 hardy
Open VMware Tools 20080913
Uriparser 0.7.2
AMD 64 with 2 processors.

Help~~~~~ Help~~~~~ Help~~~~~

sefs
October 27th, 2008, 03:44 AM
Same problem here.

pastrand
October 27th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Looks like the latest version of vmware tools need a later version of uriparser lib.

From configure (line 17839):

# Note that we look for uriFreeQueryListA because it's a relatively
# new symbol that our code needs (it isn't present in the uriparser
# that shipped with Ubuntu Hardy).

/Per

alex_dd
October 28th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Try to get uriparser0.7.2 from sf
install it to def path - /usr/local
then try to build openvm again, but specify the CFLAGS AND LDFLAGS
in mycase it was like this:

CFLAGS="-I /usr/local/include/uriparser" CPPFLAGS="-I /usr/local/include/uriparser" LDFLAGS="-L /usr/local/lib" ./configure

uri issue passed!
good luck

rd1966
October 28th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Hi alex_dd,

I'm having this problem too. Whilst I'm fine with apt-get packages, I'm new to manual installation. Any chance you could give a step-by-step guide to installing uriparser?

Many thanks,

rd

DieKatzeKotzt
February 25th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Thanks for the trick... be careful it's CFLAGS="-I /usr/local/include/uriparser" CPPFLAGS="-I /usr/local/include/uriparser" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib" ./configure

... note that there is not space between -L and /.. LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib"

best regards, André

packs
March 4th, 2009, 10:43 AM
thanxs for this one:-)