PDA

View Full Version : Flash Drive

gletob
October 16th, 2008, 01:58 AM
What brand, size, and format is yours (attach pics)

Sandisk Cruzer Micro 4 Gig formatted Fat32
LG 1 Gig formatted Fat32

JetskiDude911
October 16th, 2008, 02:30 AM
Mine aren't anything special, just ones I caught on sale at Office Depot here and there.

Kingston 2 GB
Generic 2 GB
Ativa 8 GB

cardinals_fan
October 16th, 2008, 02:32 AM
I have a 1 gig Lexar Firefly that I like, and a 2-gig SanDisk Cruzer that I don't :)

KiwiNZ
October 16th, 2008, 02:37 AM
Sandisk 8 gb Titanium . A supplier of mine gave me a box of them , 100 all up that I am using for back-ups.
They are great and dont take up room in the safe

Frak
October 16th, 2008, 03:32 AM
2GB Lexar Firefly

Corfy
October 16th, 2008, 03:34 AM
LG 1 Gig formatted Fat32

I have an LG 1 GB just like that. I have tried making it bootable with Ubuntu, but so far, I haven't been successful. I really like the slide-out USB plug.

However, that is only one of three that I carry around with me (I lost the caps on the other two).

I have a Memorex Traveldrive 1 GB that I use mainly for short-term file transfers when I just want it temporarily from one computer to another. As the IT guy at my office, that comes in handy more times than you would think.

My third is an 8 GB A-Data "My Flash" drive. This is more my personal drive and has my long-term files on it, as well as my portable apps, ISOs, and other such files. I like the 8GB size, and it was fairly inexpensive when I bought it, but it is really slow at transferring a bunch of small files. Transferring a 700 MB ISO only takes a couple minutes. Transferring 1,000 files that add up to 700 MB takes about 45 minutes.

akiratheoni
October 16th, 2008, 03:35 AM
Sandisk 8 gb Titanium . A supplier of mine gave me a box of them , 100 all up that I am using for back-ups.
They are great and dont take up room in the safe

OMG lucky!!

I have a generic 8gb brand that I got from Microcenter for $30. It's fine, it has some issues on Linux sometimes but I can still use it for the most part. I might invest in a better known brand soon but I don't know if I should yet.