PDA

View Full Version : I'm Jinxed

gletob
October 16th, 2008, 01:21 AM
well last week my MP3 player of three years (Toshiba Gigabeat F40) died (hard drive failure) and I arleady had a new sansa C250 I got as a gift. So I used the sansa for a week and today I turn it on and the LCD is cracked and has a large orange blob taking up 3/4 of the screen.
EDIT: Pictures

damis648
October 16th, 2008, 01:23 AM
Ouch... know how it happened?

gletob
October 16th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Not a clue. Ikeep it in a Hard shell case. And this last week I've used once for jogging and twice just at home.

spupy
October 16th, 2008, 01:37 AM
well last week my MP3 player of three years (Toshiba Gigabeat F40) died (hard drive failure) and I arleady had a new sansa C250 I got as a gift. So I used the sansa for a week and today I turn it on and the LCD is cracked and has a large orange blob taking up 3/4 of the screen.

I hope you didn't use the Toshiba for jogging? :)

gletob
October 16th, 2008, 01:41 AM
I hope you didn't use the Toshiba for jogging? :)

I did up until last Christmas when I got the C250
P.S. I'm planning on ordering a CF card and zif to cf adapter to resurrect the gigabeat.

spupy
October 16th, 2008, 02:04 AM
I did up until last Christmas when I got the C250
P.S. I'm planning on ordering a CF card and zif to cf adapter to resurrect the gigabeat.

Why would you jog with an hard-disk mp3 player? Doesn't this mess up the disk?

Anyway, I looked at the pics, it looks like the cracks are comming from the edge of the screen. Perhaps the plastic was pressed then cracked the edge of the screen.

gletob
October 16th, 2008, 02:11 AM
Why would you jog with an hard-disk mp3 player? Doesn't this mess up the disk?

Anyway, I looked at the pics, it looks like the cracks are comming from the edge of the screen. Perhaps the plastic was pressed then cracked the edge of the screen.

It only accesses the disk for a new song. I don't know how, where, or when it would have gotten pressed on.