PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] No Image Sent to Screen in Install

lvleph
October 15th, 2008, 09:23 PM
I cannot figure out what is going on with my install. It seems to be related to the fact that I am using my TV as a screen. I first thought it was because I was using a laptop with no monitor and sending the signal through the vga to the TV, but now I have a new computer and I am having the same issue.

Anyway, I get to the boot splash for the installer, but then the no signal starts to flash when the installation actually starts. I think it could be a resolution issue, but the TV can display 1024x768@60hz. Or at least I have gotten it to work in windows. The manufacturer says 852 x 480. Again this is a VGA input. The graphics card is a ATI Radeon HD 3200.

Please, someone help me I have been away from Linux too long and it is driving me mad. Imagine trying to run a model and every 5 days your OS crashes and it is going to take a month to run it. In addition you have to run that model multiple times. I am desperate.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot I have tried Safe Graphics mode, and I have tried Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Ubuntu Server, Mythbuntu, and LinuxMCE.

lvleph
October 17th, 2008, 03:04 AM
Really, no one?

Partyboi2
October 17th, 2008, 03:23 AM
Have you tried using the alternate cd?

lvleph
October 17th, 2008, 02:56 PM
The alternate cd was even worse. In the other cd's they at least tried to show an image. I would see the screen flash and then the no signal come up and it would keep doing that. What I don't understand is, why can I select the language and then select install perfectly fine, but when the install actually starts I can't see anything.

I have also tried to boot to the live cd with the same results as the normal install.

I have even tried Fedora. It seems to be an issue with the Kernel?

The versions I have tried are 7.04, 7.10, 8.04, and 8.10.

lvleph
October 17th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Just tried Xubuntu and it almost worked. VGA kept flashing on the screen, but never saw a no signal.

I have tried Command Line Install and I tried Graphics Safe Mode all with similar results.

lvleph
October 17th, 2008, 06:58 PM
I think I have an idea.

What I am going to try and do is USB install from a different computer, tweak all the display settings. Set GRUB up seperately and then copy the USB install over to my drive. Hopefully this will work.