PDA

View Full Version : Do you love hot sauce/hot peppers?

wolfen69
October 15th, 2008, 06:30 PM
i put hot sauce on almost everything i eat. to me, food has no taste without it. Red Hot and Tabasco are 2 of my favs. do you also crave the "taste explosion"?

and don't even get me started on Buffalo wings. heaven my friend, heaven.

LaRoza
October 15th, 2008, 06:43 PM
I don't buy things in bottles and jars...

I make it myself. My salsa is the best I have ever had. (However, it is slightly season dependant, if I want the best fresh materials for it)

forrestcupp
October 15th, 2008, 07:03 PM
I once knew a guy who soaked everything he ate in hot/Tabasco sauce. Someone brought him some sauce that claimed to be the hottest sauce in the world. This guy had an iron stomach, but he could only handle about a teaspoon of this stuff mixed in a whole pot of chili. He put one drop of it on a cracker and dared me to eat it. I did, and I thought I was going to die.

One time on a $5 bet, I ate about a quarter of a Hawaiian roll that was completely saturated in hot sauce to the point that it was totally red clear through and dripping. That was a very stupid thing to do. A roll goes down slower than just drinking the stuff straight. The guy didn't even give me the $5. But that one drop of this really hot sauce was quite a bit worse than eating that roll that was saturated in regular hot sauce.

Forbees
October 15th, 2008, 07:11 PM
franks red hot taists like vinager >,< though i like vinager, it doesn't give me my kick

tabasco is nice for flavory deff their chepottle one (spell check)

you want hot? try black widdow or kick ***

they are HOT

wthanna
October 15th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Yes, absolutely! I live in San Antonio, Texas. I make a few varieties myself, and every Mexican restaurant in town generally has at least one or two of their own recipes. My personal favorite is a very "chunky" and fresh Pico De Gallo which is a combination of the following: Diced fresh tomatoes, Diced fresh onion, Chopped fresh Jalapeno pepper, Chopped Cilantro, Squeeze a little lime into it and maybe a teaspoon of vinegar. Mix it up.. salt to taste.. tastes blend a bit more the second day.. if it lasts.. Put it on everything (at least in San Antonio).. add a little garlic if you like.. You can throw it all in a blender and mix it up real good for a thinner salsa.

Also, a simple, and I mean simple recipe for a good "roasted" salsa.. Place 2 medium tomatoes and one fresh jalapeno on a foil covered cookie sheet. Don't skip the foil unless you want to scrub the cookie sheet or throw it away. Turn your oven on broil. Place the cookie sheet fairly high in the oven. We want to blacken the tops of the tomatoes and pepper. When they are black... yes black.. turn them over and blacken the other side. Let them cool.. blend them in a blender and salt to taste.
That's it, basically.. burn, blend, salt to taste, then eat with your favorite corn chips or on tacos, etc. (start with a 2 to 1 ratio of tomatoes to jalapenos and adjust to your level of "heat")

I eat some form of "hot sauce" pretty much every day

intense.ego
October 15th, 2008, 07:19 PM
I eat fresh chilis with almost everything. A meal is not the same without it.

LaRoza
October 15th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Yes, absolutely! I live in San Antonio, Texas. I make a few varieties myself, and every Mexican restaurant in town generally has at least one or two of their own recipes. My personal favorite is a very "chunky" and fresh Pico De Gallo which is a combination of the following: Diced fresh tomatoes, Diced fresh onion, Chopped fresh Jalapeno pepper, Chopped Cilantro, Squeeze a little lime into it and maybe a teaspoon of vinegar. Mix it up.. salt to taste.. tastes blend a bit more the second day.. if it lasts.. Put it on everything (at least in San Antonio).. add a little garlic if you like.. You can throw it all in a blender and mix it up real good for a thinner salsa.

My Pico de Gallo is better. Diced tomatoes, diced onions, chopped serranos and another pepper (usually, a red one). cilantro and a lot of lime juice (one lime per tomato). No vinegar... That is what they put in commercial stuff.

theacoustician
October 15th, 2008, 07:29 PM
I love hot sauce. I even make my own with habaneros and peaches as the base.

S0VERE1GN
October 15th, 2008, 07:33 PM
MY Gallon jug of Frank's just ran out.

tragedy.

wolfen69
October 15th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I love hot sauce. I even make my own with habaneros and peaches as the base.

sounds interesting. my nose is running at the thought of it. :)

notwen
October 15th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Gringo Bandito (http://www.gringobandito.com/) by The Offspring's Dexter Holland is surprisingly good. =]

t0p
October 15th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Curries and chillis... :guitar:

That so-called celebrity chef Anthony Worrel Thompson called chili con carne "the rich man's spag bol".

david_lynch
October 15th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I put cayenne pepper on almost everything if that counts. Also, when I ask for really spicy gung bao dou fu, they almost never make it spicy enough.

SomeGuyDude
October 15th, 2008, 08:22 PM
There's a wing place in my down that has Nuclear Hell 2 wings, they call 'em. 4,000,000 Scoville units (yes, that's 4 million). You have to be 18 years old and sign a waiver to eat them. Thus far, no one's been able to eat 12, despite many many tries. I've only gone for the 1,000,000 Nuclear Hell 1 wings.

I also have a bag of fresh-grown habaneros in my fridge. Good stuff.

SuperSonic4
October 15th, 2008, 08:24 PM
I avoid it like the plague. What is the point of drenching food in hot sauce when the sauce annihilates the taste?

Le-Froid
October 15th, 2008, 08:28 PM
I put tabasco on almost everything, although it makes my head itch -- a lot

Victormd
October 15th, 2008, 08:31 PM
The best I've had (taste & strength balance) is the Malagueta Pepper (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malagueta_pepper) from Brazil! :)

gjoellee
October 15th, 2008, 08:41 PM
yes, hot sauce is the nectar of the gods

Gutt
October 15th, 2008, 09:18 PM
I have a bad habbit of almost always putting hot sauce on all I eat :( . I just love anything spicy :D .

wolfen69
October 15th, 2008, 09:21 PM
What is the point of drenching food in hot sauce when the sauce annihilates the taste?

hot sauce IS the taste. :wink: yeah baby!

zmjjmz
October 15th, 2008, 09:29 PM
I love Tabasco (put it on a lot of things, usually ending in nobody eating any leftovers I leave behind) and I love to _smother_ my sushi (spicy salmon all the time, but it's not that spicy) in Wasabi, and whenever I get Indian food I try to order Pall or Vindulu.

MedianMajik
October 15th, 2008, 09:32 PM
I've been cooking with Red Savinas peppers in different dishes and a little goes a long way. 580,000 su per pepper (Jalapeno is 5,000 - 50,000). I think it was the hottest recorded pepper until Bih Jolokia pepper came out of India.
What is the point of drenching food in hot sauce when the sauce annihilates the taste? Red Savinas actually add a nice taste to sauces if used with discretion and thick gloves. You should give them a try and see what you think. If you hate it at least you'll have a great method for keeping animals out of your trash.

aeiah
October 15th, 2008, 09:38 PM
how sauce is all well and good but it just makes everything taste of, well, hot sauce. thats fine if you want caribbean or you've got a bbq going but i like to make my curries nice and hot. none of that tobasco stuff though, there's too much vinegar. its best just to throw in some chilies with the rest of the spices. same goes for thai curries as for indian, although different spices obviously.

im not allowed to influence the cooking with too many chilies when im eating with my girlfriend though so only a couple go in then

kk0sse54
October 15th, 2008, 11:06 PM
I like hot sauce and hot peppers but I also I love the Red Hot Chili Peppers, does that count?

roachk71
October 26th, 2008, 01:57 AM
I've practically raised myself on hot, spicy food, and so have a passion for it. Tabasco on just about everything that isn't sweet...Oh! and barbecue? To me it isn't real barbecue without that spicy extra kick!

I especially love it in my chili (a few habanero corns, that is!) :guitar:

Daggo
October 26th, 2008, 02:05 AM
Back a few years I always used Hot sauce on my Pringles. Then Pringles came out with the hot Tobasco version! I was excited to try it out... but wasnt the same. :/

handy
October 26th, 2008, 02:48 AM
nose running, eyes watering, brow sweating hot! is perfect.

Only certain varieties of chillies give me the ring of fire the following morning.

So I have found it is safest to make my own super hot food.

Though I have found that there is need for care as I have gotten older, as super hot food does place a lot of stress on the intestinal tract. I don't eat it quite as hot quite as often these days out of kindness to my gizzards. :lolflag:

Helios1276
October 26th, 2008, 02:53 AM
I like hot sauce and hot peppers but I also I love the Red Hot Chili Peppers, does that count?

Nah, The Red Hot Chilli Peppers are actually pretty weak. Try Mr. Bungle :popcorn:

Ripfox
October 26th, 2008, 02:53 AM
i put hot sauce on almost everything i eat. to me, food has no taste without it. Red Hot and Tabasco are 2 of my favs. do you also crave the "taste explosion"?

and don't even get me started on Buffalo wings. heaven my friend, heaven.

Ever try Dave's Insanity Sauce? Hardcore applicants only! :)

Ahhh I'm gonna get an ulcer someday...:lolflag:

i

Helios1276
October 26th, 2008, 02:55 AM
Only certain varieties of chillies give me the ring of fire the following morning.

Protip: Toilet Roll in the fridge over night. Eases the pain and gently wipes away the tears.

tgalati4
October 26th, 2008, 03:21 AM
+1 on Dave's Gourmet Insanity Sauce: Insane+

Small enough bottle to fit in your pocket. Great for hustling $$ at parties.

Looks like Tobasco--Punches like Kimbo--well back in his bum fight days.

Use with caution. You have been warned.

noremac
October 26th, 2008, 05:38 AM
I love trying new salsas for chips. I dont eat salsa on everything, but good salsa for chips is always great stuff. Homemade salsa from a friend of mine was always the absolute best stuff to me.

hellion0
October 26th, 2008, 07:14 AM
I like hot/spicy sauces/foods with one exception: I can't eat or handle anything with jalapeno peppers in it due to an allergy.

etnlIcarus
October 26th, 2008, 08:44 AM
I don't know what, "hot sauce", is but I'm presuming it's either an American condiment or lube.

Either way, count me in.

mips
October 26th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Freshly made is nice but not always an option. Lee & Perrins Hot Pepper Sauce is my favourite. It's not really that hot but has nice flavour.

Here is a another thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=405882