PDA

View Full Version : Wallpapers for all

power.supply
October 15th, 2008, 02:51 AM
Hi All,
Here are some wallpapers I have made for ubuntu and just want to share the love. They are all in 1600x1200. One is of a leather surface, the others are of bubbles in blue and Ubuntu colours. Opinions very welcome and encouraged.
Cheers.

seancarlgrech
October 15th, 2008, 09:50 AM
nice work!
i really like the bubbles...

could you include a small ubuntu logo somewhere?

Gutt
October 15th, 2008, 05:16 PM
The bubles are nice :) and that first Wallpaper reminds me of one of the default wallpapers for I forget which version of Ubuntu :-P .

Oh and Seancarlgrech is right, if you could put the Ubuntu logo, or just hint it out in the two bubbles wallpaper that'd be really nice :D .

durand
October 15th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Blue bubbles are great! The ubuntu one is also pretty good but bubbles don't work with the colour scheme.

power.supply
October 15th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Thanks I will have a go at putting in the logos either today or tomorrow and will post them up when I am done. I was actually thinking about making the logo on the leather background look like an imprint into the surface like it had been stamped. I think the ubuntu logo will stick out like a sore thumb on the water bubbles background but I might change the colour of it to suit my colour scheme, what do you all think?

smartboyathome
October 15th, 2008, 11:42 PM
The bubles are nice :) and that first Wallpaper reminds me of one of the default wallpapers for I forget which version of Ubuntu :-P .

Oh and Seancarlgrech is right, if you could put the Ubuntu logo, or just hint it out in the two bubbles wallpaper that'd be really nice :D .

It looks like Gutsy's alternative wallpaper.

lyceum
October 16th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Nice work :)

Thricemin
October 16th, 2008, 12:40 AM
I like them they look very ubuntu....:lolflag:

power.supply
October 16th, 2008, 03:02 AM
after I finished the leather one I thought it looked a lot like the elephant background in hardy but I didn't realise it was there until I had finished

era86
October 16th, 2008, 05:24 AM
Stick an Ubuntu logo in one of the bubbles. I really like them. Great job!