PDA

View Full Version : #DIV/0 Open Office

OZFive
October 14th, 2008, 10:03 PM
So I am making a spread sheet in Open Office and am using my limited knowledge to get it looking good. The formulas are all in place and work well. But I am running into issues with blank cells when I am having one divided by the other, it turns my sheet into a total mess with the phrase "#DIV/0" all over it in places. Looks like crap. I looked on the net and found a trick for MS Office that involved using Conditional Formatting were FORMULA IS =ISERROR(C7/D7). The choosing to have that formatted into white where it could not be seen. I did that but it seems to interfering with my other Conditional Formatting I have in place and if I put it as Rule#1, Rules#2 & 3 do not come into play. If I put it as Rule#3 it will not work.

Is there something I can do different?

OZFive
October 14th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Okay I got that problem solved. Now I have just one thing left before I can call it perfect....

I have a Sum of a column that I am trying to get. But in the Column there is a #DIV/0 and the total will not display. The result is the dreaded #DIV/0

jespdj
October 14th, 2008, 11:17 PM
I ofcourse don't know what you're doing (because you didn't explain in any detail what formulas you are using in your spreadsheet), but "#DIV/0" sounds as if you are making the program divide by zero.

You can't divide by zero, you get a math error if you do that.

Check your formulas. Are you doing any divisions in your formulas? Are you dividing by a value that might be zero (note that the contents of an empty cell might also be interpreted as zero)?

It sounds like a problem with your formulas, not like any bug or error in the software.

OZFive
October 14th, 2008, 11:39 PM
No I know it is not an program error it is a formula error for sure. Here is the deal...

the cell AC20 with the results formula is...

=SUM(AC8:AC19)

BUT cells AC8 - AC19 that have this formula in it...

=AB19-AA19

and those cells are reporting the #DIV/0

So the first formula cannot complete due to the second...