PDA

View Full Version : Maybe interesting to you, maybe not.

TimboUK
October 14th, 2008, 09:31 PM
First off can I say Im not some sort of Opensource activist. I believe the right tools for the right job. If, after testing Linux a user prefers Vista then thats great! at least theyve reached that decision through an informed choice.

That being said, there are those (MS fans and those with a financial interest in MS) that dont want you to try the alternative, as for them it is a risked lost sale.

A good example of someone who is so full of buzz words and MS catchphrases (along with a changing career) is a chap called Andre Da Costa. He claims all sorts of things (including no connection with MS) yet his posts are textbook MS press releases. He doesnt answer questions and blankets every windows alternative argument with comments that are misleading (and sometimes offensive) for example he believes that the Opensource community is "weak minded" and describes Vista as "feature rich" making comments about "maturing to Vista"

If youre interested and/or would like to try to get this individual to answer your questions, you can see him on:

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/

(of all places)

and if you are indeed interested in seeing him in top form, a good thread to start would be:

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/corporate/should_microsoft_buy_yahoo_now.html

He makes some cracking comments.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

Regards,
TimboUK (Posting as Goblin on Microsoft-watch)

kjb34
October 14th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Is that dude for real? Is he a Microsoft employee? I love lInux but I know it has problems and its not for everyone but if you read this guy it's like MS is the best things since sliced bread.

blakjesus
October 14th, 2008, 09:51 PM
While im not much of a debater and i probably won't go on this website and argue with this (crazy) guy. I have to say kudos on your arguments.

It looks like this guy doesn't even try to back up his statements with facts, and i also agree with you in suspecting that he could possibly someone from MS PR or something. :popcorn:

oh and...

Goblin Googling me is an obvious reflection of the type of people we have in the Open Source community or who support it, bitter, weak mind and obviously insecure.

Looks like he's the one being bitter. [-(

TimboUK
October 14th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Is that dude for real? Is he a Microsoft employee? I love lInux but I know it has problems and its not for everyone but if you read this guy it's like MS is the best things since sliced bread.

Yep he is. Ive just posting there, apparently he has a long running history there.

Andre is correct in one thing though, he said "Windows brings communities together" that is true as he has people joining together to counter his silly comments.

Linux/Ubuntu has issues, but unlike Windows we acknoledge them and work to solve them. MS salespersons simply ignore their issues and cover them up with propaganda.

kjb34
October 14th, 2008, 09:56 PM
I hope they are paying him well. :)

wirepuller134
October 14th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Kind of funny, their server runs Red Hat.

TimboUK
October 14th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Kind of funny, their server runs Red Hat.

If you challenged him about it, he wouldnt answer!

I have also refered this series of posts to the Gutsy Geeks Radio show (A linux/opensource online and radio broadcast)

I am hoping that they may do a feature, or atleast give a mention to this individual.

pastalavista
October 14th, 2008, 10:56 PM
He's probably a Microsoft retailer who wishes Windows was as simple and secure as Linux. Linux is a threat to his livelyhood and he's just trying to appeal to all the "insecure types" who are still a little nervous about the learning curve of open source software... trying to convince us Linux users that we are somehow different than most "normal" Windows users. According to him, there's obviously something wrong with us. I feel sorry for the dweeb.

zmjjmz
October 14th, 2008, 11:25 PM
While I'm not a fan of personal attacks like the ones thrown about in that thread, this guy just contradicts himself, a lot, in the same thread.
Wow, really.

I admire the team spirit. Thats one of the key things about Microsoft software, it enables collaboration, tools like Windows Meeting Space enable new scenarios for small businesses to create ad hoc experiences that give employees new and innovative ways of collaborating and taking advantage of the rich, secure and improved networking stack built into Windows Vista..

Need I say more?