PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody use a satelite radio? How do there work>

bigbrovar
October 14th, 2008, 05:36 AM
I love listening to Radios especially the BBC for over 15 years i use to have little world receivers SW / AM capable and listen the BBC, VOA and some other radio station across the world. but the quality of listening to to a radio station via the SW frequency is very poor and unstable so i have been thinking of getting a satellite radio. but i have some questions

1 - Will it work in Africa / Nigeria
2 - are the world radio receivers/hardware portable
3 - do u have to pay subscription to use them or are there free channels ? if yes is the BBC free ?

thanks in advance

myusername
October 14th, 2008, 05:53 AM
1. yes
2. yes
3.yes about the subscriptions. its a monthly payment for any channel because you are paying for the access to the satellite and not just the channel

bigbrovar
October 14th, 2008, 06:06 AM
myusername
Re: Does anybody use a satelite radio? How do there work>
1. yes
2. yes
3.yes about the subscriptions. its a monthly payment for any channel because you are paying for the access to the satellite and not just the channel

yey thanks .well i dont think i want something i have to be constantly paying subscription for so i guess i would have to stick to my good ol SW world receiver right now i checking out this receiver from sony
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=11037231