PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman is better than Batman!!!

El Conquistador
October 13th, 2008, 07:21 PM
ok well if you guys could help me out. i need all the reasons why spiderman is better than batman. besides the fact that spiderman actually has superpowers! well thanks!

LaRoza
October 13th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Batman is better. But Spiderman has an advantage.

Spiderman:

Will always have a disaster to deal with as long as he has MJ around.
Doesn't have to worry about having a lot of money.
Doesn't have a phobia.

gn2
October 13th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Always was a bit suspicious of Batman wanting to hang around with a young boy wonder.
Definitely something dodgy there.

syczu
October 13th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Spiderman doesn't need equipment.

LaRoza
October 13th, 2008, 08:09 PM

As long as he has his spandex suit, no.

jimi_hendrix
October 13th, 2008, 08:12 PM
everyone in batman's life seems to be an orphan or some psycopath who had some accident

spiderman still has his grandmother and batman doesnt

batman has better movies though

PlutoniumBoss
October 13th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Spider-sense. Batman can't sneak up on Spidey, unless good old Bruce joins with a Venom-type symbiote. And that ain't gonna happen, because it there's one thing Batman guards above all else, it is his own free will and personal mental integrity. History has shown that when you screw with Batman's mind, Bad Things(tm) happen

koenn
October 13th, 2008, 08:28 PM
ok well if you guys could help me out. i need all the reasons why spiderman is better than batman. besides the fact that spiderman actually has superpowers! well thanks!

spiderman isn't better than batman
superpowers is cheating, it's like a "get out of jail for free" card.

SunnyRabbiera
October 13th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Sorry but I am more of a Batman fan then a spider man fan.
1: I feel Batman is more realistic at this point and time, I mean sure you have people out there who want to tamper with the human genome and stuff but Batman to me is far more possible.
2: Batman is self created
and 3: Batman has way cool gadgets to make up for his lack of super powers.

RiceMonster
October 13th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Sorry but I am more of a Batman fan then a spider man fan.
1: I feel Batman is more realistic at this point and time, I mean sure you have people out there who want to tamper with the human genome and stuff but Batman to me is far more possible.
2: Batman is self created
and 3: Batman has way cool gadgets to make up for his lack of super powers.

I agree with this. One of the reasons I like batman is because it's a lot more believable than something like Spiderman.

hagar31
October 13th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Batman is better than Spiderman, mostly because he is older & wiser.Besides, lots of my friends turn into bats(some of them vampires, [I think]) under certain circumstances. Any guy that drives a cool car and flies without a motor has just got to be better.

jimi_hendrix
October 13th, 2008, 08:44 PM
only thing i dont like about batman is whenever the batmobile gets blown up (which happens a lot) i start to wonder how big his bank acount is

jimi_hendrix
October 13th, 2008, 08:47 PM
well i do like stealing the spiderman quote "your favorite neighborhood spiderman" but change spiderman to the relevent job

forrestcupp
October 13th, 2008, 09:19 PM
I agree that Spiderman is awesome.

I also agree that Spiderman has super powers, while Batman doesn't, which means Batman isn't technically a real "super hero".

But I still think Batman could whip Spiderman's backside. Just look at the guys they've gotten to play the part of Peter Parker vs. the guys that have played Bruce Wayne (not including Michael Keaton).

herbster
October 13th, 2008, 10:15 PM
I love both dearly but gotta go with Batman. Dude has no powers (except for being a supreme bada$$) and it always made him more interesting to me, along with his morality struggles and psychotic tendencies (talking Miller stuff, aka da real Bats!).

SunnyRabbiera
October 13th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Dont get me wrong, I like spidey too but I have always been a fan of the dark knight.

jpittack
October 13th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Spiderman has no physical issues. I'm getting that idea from the movie, not needing glasses. Batman's eyes can go bad.

Its always worth noting that Spiderman doesn't need to latch his web to something to swing through New York.

klange
October 13th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Batman > Spiderman
Batman represents the everyman; as he is not super-powered, his character can be anyone.

@jimi_hendrix:
Bruce Wayne is(/was) the head of a multi-billion dollar company - he's got lots of cash.

jimi_hendrix
October 13th, 2008, 10:30 PM
@windows

if its not infinity it can run out

snova
October 13th, 2008, 11:37 PM
I thought this discussion was ridiculous when I came across it earlier, and I still do. And yet I'm posting...

Would the OP please explain something to me? Why?

But for the intentions of this thread, I don't really care for either one of them. Not that sort of geek... But I have a preference anyway, and that is for Batman!

I like the "Dark" part of the Dark Knight. I hate spiders (unless they're eating another bug), but bats are cool. Plus red and blue aren't really my favorite colors...

@jimi_hendrix: Certainly not anytime soon.
@WindowsSucks: How is a billionaire an "everyman"? :) I get the point, though.
@jpittack: Um, doesn't he need something to stick to for that kind of travel?
@PlutoniumBoss: I think you made one of the best points. In terms of sneakiness, Batman would probably win against anybody- except Spiderman. "Here."

It it just me or is the majority unhelpfully (for the OP) in favor of Batman?

scragar
October 14th, 2008, 12:09 AM
spiderman has a few things batman can't compete with:

spiderman can cling to things with ease
the webbing let's him swing, much more control than batmans swinging
spiderman(in teh comics anyway), can make parachutes which is better than batmans gliding, spidermans parachute doubles as a net for catching crooks
spiderman can spend more time upside-down, he does it all the time during his fights
spiderman is a scientist at heart, he's got more brains(he became a photographer because he NEEDS the money, not because he wants to)
batmans old, very old(May 1939, that makes him almost 70), at least spiderman is only 48 :P
spiderman is a real super hero, in that he has super powers
first his uncle get's killed because he wasn't a hero, then Gwen dies because he is a hero, he can't win, batmans parents died and he got a house, a company, and a few billion to spend
spiderman doesn't need gadgets
spiderman makes jokes

dioltas
October 14th, 2008, 01:57 AM
Batman is a legend, way better than spiderman. sorry.

Sinkingships7
October 14th, 2008, 02:08 AM
Batman's a horrible superhero. He's a hero, sure. But super? I think not. What kind of superpower is 'rich'?

jimi_hendrix
October 14th, 2008, 02:22 AM
batman = literary fiction
spiderman = commercial fiction

Technoviking
October 14th, 2008, 02:24 AM
Both are the whiney boys of comics.

SomeGuyDude
October 14th, 2008, 02:26 AM
Spiderman, in my opinion, works better as a superhero, but the Batman comics are undoubtedly superior to pretty much anything else of the genre.

Technoviking
October 14th, 2008, 02:27 AM
http://www.pvponline.com/2008/10/07/the-emo-knight/

jimi_hendrix
October 14th, 2008, 02:27 AM
i am irrrrrrrrrroooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn

sorry couldnt resist

LaRoza
October 14th, 2008, 02:49 AM
What kind of superpower is 'rich'?

Every kind.

jimi_hendrix
October 14th, 2008, 02:52 AM
Every kind.

the real kind

happyhamster
October 14th, 2008, 03:19 AM
Don't bats eat spiders?

[scene1:] Spiderman swings through Gotham.
[internal dialog:] Ooh, nice high buildings!

[scene2:] Batman spots Spiderman.
[internal dialog:] Ooh, spandex spider! (drooling)

[scene3:] ...

S0VERE1GN
October 14th, 2008, 03:25 AM
Batman: works hard for most of his adult life to be able to have immense strength, speed, and dexterity

Spiderman: gets bit by some random spider in a science lab to gain immense strength, speed an dexterity.

anyone can swing from a rope. they have those on playgrounds.

scragar
October 14th, 2008, 03:54 AM
Batman: works hard for most of his adult life to be able to have immense strength, speed, and dexterity

Spiderman: gets bit by some random spider in a science lab to gain immense strength, speed an dexterity.

anyone can swing from a rope. they have those on playgrounds.

Doesn't that make spiderman better? I mean he didn't choose to be a hero it chose him. Batman, however kills the police, breaks the law an obscene number of times, kidnaps some 14 year old kid and teaches him to kill, and, in the best comics anyway, isn't afraid to break a few bones to get answers, sorry, but he always stuck me as a wimpy version of punisher, or maybe a low tech ironman.

S0VERE1GN
October 14th, 2008, 03:59 AM
i didn't state who was better or worse, just my observations :)

I have respect for batman because I had my father taken from me in an unjust way when i was younger, and I have used that as a type of motivation for most of my life.

spiderman's girlfriend is hotter. :guitar:

LaRoza
October 14th, 2008, 04:05 AM
spiderman's girlfriend is hotter.

And yet, the only thing spiderman gets from her is whining and grief ;)

Batman wasn't afraid to let his girl go. Spiderman should let his go.

S0VERE1GN
October 14th, 2008, 04:07 AM

amen to that.

yet letting the girl go is always the hardest thing to do. :-({|=

cardinals_fan
October 14th, 2008, 04:20 AM
They are both failures. All superheros are powerless when confronted with logic :)

SunnyRabbiera
October 14th, 2008, 04:25 AM
They are both failures. All superheros are powerless when confronted with logic :)

Unless they are Chuck Norris

S0VERE1GN
October 14th, 2008, 04:26 AM
chuck norris eats bat(man)s and shits out spider(man)s

cardinals_fan
October 14th, 2008, 04:28 AM
Unless they are Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris is not a superhero. He simply is, and no one dares ask what he is lest they offend him and incur his dreadful wrath.

DirtDawg
October 14th, 2008, 05:05 AM

Whaaaa!? Spoken like someone who's only seen the movies! Spidey's webs are completely artificial. Sometimes he even runs out of web fluid at inopportune moments. Here's the specs (http://www.marvel.com/universe/Spider-Man%27s_Web-Shooters) (lol!):
http://www.marvel.com/universe3zx/images/thumb/9/93/WebShooters_Main.jpg/440px-WebShooters_Main.jpg

As far as who's better? I don't even know where to start. They are both, let's face it, TOTALLY AWSOME! They're like two sides of the same butt-kicking coin.

myusername
October 14th, 2008, 05:08 AM
http://www.pvponline.com/2008/10/07/the-emo-knight/

hahaha nice!

Jackelope
October 14th, 2008, 05:14 AM
Batman is just an overgrown angsty emo kid with too much time and money on his hands. (dark night was awesome, tho)

cardinals_fan
October 14th, 2008, 05:19 AM
Batman is just an overgrown angsty emo kid with too much time and money on his hands. (dark night was awesome, tho)
...where as Spiderman is a stunted angsty emo kid with too much time and not enough money on his hands :)

DirtDawg
October 14th, 2008, 05:33 AM

You're crazy! Mary Jane(besides having the best super-hero girlfriend name ever) is great. She's 100% supportive of Parker even though she hates the Spider-Man schtick. "Go get 'em tiger." She only says it once in the movies, but it's basically her motto in the comics. I think she's a great character.

Saint Angeles
October 14th, 2008, 05:46 AM
I never cared for batman till the Christian Bale ones. He makes batman look great... but remember when it was val kilmer? or even better, george clooney.

Those were two of the worst movies ever and made batman to look super fruity.

The spiderman movies make parker out to be a stupid little whimp. whenever he's not behind his spidey mask, i wanna beat him up.

but the comics of spiderman back in the early 90s with carnage... that was much cooler than anything.

Basically... it depends on which version of the hero you're talking about.

LaRoza
October 14th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Whaaaa!? Spoken like someone who's only seen the movies! Spidey's webs are completely artificial. Sometimes he even runs out of web fluid at inopportune moments.

Spiderman "evolved". In some of the stories, it was artificial, but it changed as it went on.

You're crazy! Mary Jane(besides having the best super-hero girlfriend name ever) is great. She's 100% supportive of Parker even though she hates the Spider-Man schtick. "Go get 'em tiger." She only says it once in the movies, but it's basically her motto in the comics. I think she's a great character.
Mary Jane, she gives him nothing but grief. It basically adds un-needed drama. All he has to do is say "Goodbye Mary Jane. We'll both be happier" and not only would nothing get worse, he'd be better off. No weak spot. No emotions messing with him.

SunnyRabbiera
October 14th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Whaaaa!? Spoken like someone who's only seen the movies! Spidey's webs are completely artificial. Sometimes he even runs out of web fluid at inopportune moments. Here's the specs (http://www.marvel.com/universe/Spider-Man%27s_Web-Shooters) (lol!):
http://www.marvel.com/universe3zx/images/thumb/9/93/WebShooters_Main.jpg/440px-WebShooters_Main.jpg

As far as who's better? I don't even know where to start. They are both, let's face it, TOTALLY AWSOME! They're like two sides of the same butt-kicking coin.

well it depends on the version of spider man we are dealing with, the "ultimate" spider man can create webs naturally

armageddon08
October 14th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Spiderman "evolved". In some of the stories, it was artificial, but it changed as it went on.

Mary Jane, she gives him nothing but grief. It basically adds un-needed drama. All he has to do is say "Goodbye Mary Jane. We'll both be happier" and not only would nothing get worse, he'd be better off. No weak spot. No emotions messing with him.

That's why the 'dark' Spiderman was soooo...powerful!

graabein
October 14th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Spidey's had a lot of girlfriends, not just M.J. I think the films focused way too much on that. Ah what could have been!

DirtDawg
October 14th, 2008, 08:48 AM
I consider emotions a strength.

I'm guessing he evolved in that Ultimate Spider-Man business. I haven't read any of those because I'm allergic to Mark Bagley. :D I'm the old guy always complaining about music being too "hard" and Spider-Man being too "ultimate."

Spidey's had a lot of girlfriends, not just M.J. I think the films focused way too much on that. Ah what could have been!
Like Gwen Stacy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gwen_Stacy#The_Death_of_Gwen_Stacy) (D'oh!).

Greyed
October 14th, 2008, 11:49 AM

Batman. Why?

Superman could completely demolish Spiderman.

Batman beat Superman.

Batman > Superman > Spiderman

I so cannot believe I actually replied. :confused:

nothingspecial
October 14th, 2008, 12:17 PM
It doesn`t matter who`s better, Batman or Spiderman.

Daredevil is better than both of them. He can do anything they can do and he`s blind.

And his girlfriend is a ninja.

scragar
October 14th, 2008, 12:26 PM
It doesn`t matter who`s better, Batman or Spiderman.

Daredevil is better than both of them. He can do anything they can do and he`s blind.

And his girlfriend is a ninja.

spidermans girlfriend swings around as well in some of the later comics(having been given his web shooter after he developed organic webbing(which came from the man-spider)), besides, Electra's not a good person, she kills people for money, not exactly hero material.

Long live iron-spidey (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man's_powers_and_equipment#Stark_Armor_.28Iron_Spi der.29).

forrestcupp
October 14th, 2008, 01:47 PM
chuck norris eats bat(man)s and shits out spider(man)sLOL. We're allowed to say that here? Pretty hilarious, though.

The spiderman movies make parker out to be a stupid little whimp. whenever he's not behind his spidey mask, i wanna beat him up.
He's just sensitive. :D

The Amazing Spiderman TV series from the 70's was way cheesier than the Batman series of the same era.

Does anyone remember the Spiderman clips on the old PBS kids show, The Electric Company? Here's a YouTube video clip of one. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9XdxrrgsYw&feature=related)

Canis familiaris
October 14th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Bah... Both of them would be PWNED by The G-man...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_G_Man
:P

S0VERE1GN
October 14th, 2008, 04:17 PM
that's because everyone gets pwned by the G-man in the end.

he's too awesome to understand.