PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Looking for a Business Contact Manager for Ubuntu

M.a.d
October 13th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Hi all

I have set up an Ubuntu system for a friend of mine, but need your help for one issue:

He runs a small business with 5 employees. They currently use Microsoft Office Pro 2007 with the integrated Contact Business Manager.

This enables my friend to update the contact information centrally, and schedule the employees work as well. Furthermore the contact information contains a 'storyboard', where has a history of previously jobs and orders and more.
My friend can drag and drop this contact to the scheduled event, thus send along all information regarding this customer tho his employee.

Does anybody have any suggestions to how we can replace his system?

It does not need to be free, but it needs to be cheap. They need to manage it themselves as well, so complicated solutions like sugarcrm is out of the question.

In general a Thunderbird+lightning integration with Google Calendar could do some of the work, but it still needs this 'storyboard'.

Also, data needs to be accessible offline, so a 100% online solution will not work either. And preferably it also needs to be working on a Windows installation as well.

Looking forward to some suggestions :-)

ellgor
October 13th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Hi,

Take a look at Kontact, which includes Kmail, might do the job.

Regards, Ellgor.