PDA

View Full Version : Great article by Charlie Brooker

simtaalo
October 13th, 2008, 03:56 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/oct/13/features-comment

my favourite quote

All of it was a dream. All that crap we bought, all the bottled water and Blu-Ray players and designer shoes and iPod Shuffles and patio heaters; all the jobs we had; all the catchphrases we memorised and the stupid things we thought. Everything we did for the past 10 years - none of it really felt real, did it? Time to snap out of it. Time to grow our own vegetables and learn hand-to-hand combat with staves. And time, perhaps, to really start living.

aeiah
October 13th, 2008, 04:27 PM
read it this morning. i quite like brooker but this one wasn't as amusing as id have hoped. i rely on him to cheer me up on monday mornings but he just made me feel angry at this doomed rich world i live in :p

i did like this bit though:

Surely it's time for a revival of that great cliche of the 1930s, the ruined City whizzkid hurling himself out of the window? The credit crunch high dive. Extra points if you manage to pull a backflip on the way down, or crack your jaw on a window cleaner's cradle somewhere around floor 35. The ultimate high score goes to the first one who manages to successfully update his Facebook status using an iPhone seconds before slamming into the pavement. "Danny is plummeting to his doom." Click here to tag him in a photo.