PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] [SOLVED] Couple annoying things in kde...

kamitsukai
October 12th, 2008, 07:10 PM
OK I recently decided that I'm a sucker for a good looking UI and wanted to switch to kde4 but theres a few things which I need to sort out

How do I stop Firefox and other applications looking like they've been attacked with a giant ugly stick?
Theres a black shadow around the taskbar when I use the metalized theme...
The small icons in the right hand corner (sound thing and klipper) have black backgrounds but I think this is linked with the second problem?

please look at the screenshot attached below to see what I mean:)

Thanks in advance

kamitsukai
October 12th, 2008, 07:44 PM
I forgot to mention that KDE4 is installed on ubuntu 8.4

kamitsukai
October 13th, 2008, 11:43 PM
<Bump>

vikram
October 14th, 2008, 02:18 AM
OK I recently decided that I'm a sucker for a good looking UI and wanted to switch to kde4 but theres a few things which I need to sort out

How do I stop Firefox and other applications looking like they've been attacked with a giant ugly stick?
Theres a black shadow around the taskbar when I use the metalized theme...
The small icons in the right hand corner (sound thing and klipper) have black backgrounds but I think this is linked with the second problem?

please look at the screenshot attached below to see what I mean:)

Thanks in advance

Try going to System Settings -> Appearance -> GTK Styles and Theme to change the look and feel of Firefox and GNOME apps

Also try different Themes and/or colors. This is KDE you should be able to tweak it as much as you want :) Finally see kde-look.org