PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems with F-spot and xD-card

Emill
October 12th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Hello. I was going to transfer my pictures and video clips from my camera to the computer, so I inserted the memory card (xD-card) in my card reader and F-spot popped up and asked me if I wanted to transfer the pictures to the harddrive. But I clicked no, because there were also video clips, and I wanted to just drag-n-drop with Nautilus. So I did a drag-n-drop with all files to a target folder, and after a while I got some "error in/out-stream" at a file that was more than 150 mb (video) so I tried to copy just that file but it always just come to 150 mb, then it automatically unmounts and F-spot starts and ask me if I want to transfer the pictures to the harddrive... I shut down F-spot but it always poppes up again and unmounts the memory card at 150 mb. (Somehow it mounts back automatically sometimes). But a strange thing I saw was that there were just 43 pictures left in the folder in the camera and I updated. Still 43. I had 73 before... Then after a while there were no files left... When I unmount it properly and put it back in the camera, I get "card full", but also "no pictures found"... Is this a bug in F-spot? And what shall I do to get back the pictures and be able to take pictures?