PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] gnome taskbar flash/blink options

Vinay92
October 12th, 2008, 01:11 PM
I would like to change the color of 'URGENT' notifications in my taskbar (to a darker shade of orange), and have them 'blink' on/off instead of fading in/out. At the moment the current shade is so bright that there is almost no contrast with the background (I'm using the default color scheme) and it's hard to notice. If possible, I would like for the blinking to continue indefinitely until I focus on the relevant window, but if not then it can blink for a certain number of times and then remain on the 'URGENT' color (darkish shade of orange is what I'm looking for).

I'm using Ubuntu 8.04 with Compiz Fusion (1:0.7.4-0ubuntu7) and Emerald Theme Manager.

Vinay92
October 18th, 2008, 04:53 AM
bump

mmoylan
December 16th, 2009, 09:39 PM
the urgent blink color is based on the selected item color in the appearance settings for your theme, this means it also will also change the colors of lots of other things. there may be another way to change it but that is all I know.

darkhelmetchris
March 20th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Okay, I have searched and searched, and I just can't seem to find any way to change this.

When an application wants your attention, the window list slowly fades in and out over several seconds. It's so slow, in fact, that it defeats its purpose. The point is to attract your attention to it, and it fails to do that. Often, I have things "flashing" (slowly fading) for several minutes and I don't notice them.

How can we change the "window list" applet to actually "flash" an application button with some degree of boldness instead of fade in and out?