PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] d drvie install plz help

majingohan99
October 11th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Hi i am a complete linux noob and i want it coz it looks a lot more useful than a mac and doesn't seem to hav so many erros or bugs as windows seems to hav

at the moment i hav a laptop with windows vista basic installed with a 80 hdd the c drive is almost full so i've put sum backed up psp & movies in my d drive but i am gonna move them so i can install linux and i need to no b4 i go through with this

if i install ubuntu can i put it on my D drive and not touch vista at all and if so plz explain how thnx

rock on :guitar:

manishtech
October 11th, 2008, 07:54 PM
if i install ubuntu can i put it on my D drive and not touch vista at all and if so plz explain how thnx

Simple pop in the ubnutu install Disk and when installing,select "Manual Partitioning". Over there select the D: drive.
In ubuntu partitions dont show up as C:,D: instead as sda1, sda2. You can recognize the correct partition by their size.

majingohan99
October 11th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Simple pop in the ubnutu install Disk and when installing,select "Manual Partitioning". Over there select the D: drive.
In ubuntu partitions dont show up as C:,D: instead as sda1, sda2. You can recognize the correct partition by their size.

thnx first person on any forum who giv is a straight forward clear answer hopefully al be on this forum under linux soon

ROCK ON :guitar:

manishtech
October 12th, 2008, 09:42 AM
You can see the complete Installation Guide here at this link
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/GraphicalInstall
Just that when you come to "Select Disk" section. Choose "Manual Partition" and then select D: drive after seeing the size of the partition.

Revert back to this forum topic, if you have any problems. That documentation on the link was made by well experiences people who have already dealt with lots of newbies...