PDA

View Full Version : How do i customise downloaded themes ?

henry_d
October 11th, 2008, 04:36 PM
I have downloaded shiki colours from gnome look but i would like to change the panel colour but whenever i use a custom image some parts of the panel keep the original theme.
I would also like to change to colours of the window border as i find it to dark but i dont know how to do this. Is there a theme setting manager or a way where i can change these colours.
Also when im on the internet, where you enter websites there is an arrow button on the right side which shows a drop down list of visited websites but its black and i would like to change it to white.

Any help would be much appreciated

smartboyathome
October 11th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Which parts keep the same color when you try to apply an image? You can go to ~/.themes to edit themes (folder is hidden). Check my signature for a good complete guide for editing themes.

henry_d
October 11th, 2008, 04:51 PM
I have just sorted out the panel but i would like the window border a lighter colour.but im not sure how to do this

smartboyathome
October 11th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Edit the metacity version of the theme in its .themes folder. Experimentation is the best way to learn this stuff, as the documentation is made by developers (so it will most likely be complicated).