PDA

View Full Version : Training New Ubuntuans

jesuisbenjamin
October 11th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Hey Forum,

since i've been using ubuntu, my interest for computer has increased, and my understanding too. Yet it is limited to my own incidents, when there is a problem, then i consult the forum, ask some questions and the help i get is also a learning process.

If i want to keep learning though i have no issues on my computer however then it is less accessible. I've been consulting pages about command lines and i play about in Terminal, but that's all.

Am i wrong when i say there is no section on this forum which is dedicated to train users to become better users and then be more helpful to a larger future Ubuntu community?

It would be great to have some trainers/teacher on this forum providing with some exercises, to-the-point tutorials thanks to which one could extend one's knowledge of Ubuntu, its structure etc... and maybe how to make simple programs etc...

No?

schauerlich
October 11th, 2008, 06:38 PM
I find it's very educational to read through the support forums and look at other people's problems and see what solutions work for them. You might also want to check out Programming Talk (under Development & Programming) for stuff about simple programs.

JoshuaRL
October 12th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Well, I'd suggest the Tutorials & Tips sub-forum. (http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=100) There's even a sticky there with the Tutorial of the Day. I believe it's up to about 40 weeks now, so that is probably a lot of really good information.

You can also look at the community wiki for whatever interests you. There is a ton of great information there, and a good resource for learning. But I also agree with EDavidBurg about the PT forum if you're interested in programing.