PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Best distro for installing to a usb drive

linuxisevolution
October 11th, 2008, 02:14 AM
Normally, I would install xubuntu, but I am stupid and bought a 1gb mp3 player without thinking :guitar:. I just want to be able to go to the public library, stick in my stick, and boot away. The main reason for this is sometimes I cannot work at home ( don't ask why ). All I would do is work with office documents ( open office ) and play a little netpanzer :) . I want a full install. I hope I don't sound greedy, but DSL linux gives errors, but still detects the drive, but not my switch/router. PCLinuxos 2007 doesn't fit. Puppy linux ( macpup is awesome ) did not want to boot "Fatal error. Cannot find kernel: LInux." The reason I don't use the computers at the library is because they have no software installed, with windows xp, and I don't have 'permission' to install openoffice, because it "could be a virus!" So, if some of you all-knowing Linux users :) would give me a list of usb flash drive bootable distros, I would greatly appreciate it.

BWT: I booted up today and got 13 inode errors on my harddrive. They were fixed with fcsk, I would have died if I lost my documents. All the better I have a ten year-old back up server ](*,)

EDIT: Please answer, I know your know the answer.