PDA

View Full Version : Problem with no sounds on some channels

ZalasFears
October 10th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Hi i am fairly new to mythbuntu

I have had look throught the forums but could not see any thing, from my search, but sorry i f i missed some thing

I gave used 7.10 version for a while and played with 8.04 a couple of time having wiped it a couple of time and rereinstalled it a couple of times, but i have it up and running and every thing was looking like it was working fine.

Buti have notied that sound only is recorded on some channels, now as far as i aware the last itme i had it set pu i did not have any problem with sound on any channel, so i am not sure what is wrong

to give and example

on UK tv

channel 4 picture no sound
Channel 4 + 1 sound

Film 4 Sound
e4 no sound
bbc1 and 2 no problem sound etc

I am running mythbuntu on a 1.2 Ghz c7 mini itx with 1GB of ram and 160GB hard drive with a nova-t usb stick

example

i have looked and treid to reset up the card a couple of time but this has seemed to have no effect

i am hoping that some one might be able to point me in the right direction to resolve this problem

newlinux
October 10th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Do you get sound when you play the recordings in question outside of myth, say with mplayer? Can you post your frontend logs from the times when you play recordings without sound?