PDA

View Full Version : OOP Concept in Python

ApostleofJesus
October 10th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Hello All,
Greetings!
I have question concerning OOP with Python. Any other opinion a part from py is allowed but I know that Language. I want to know when Python class or being specific, how py class ends in package like wxpython.

What I mean is I have one class let say of frame and another class of a dialog box all in same py file. When Frame runs, uses self i.e self.button = wx.Button. This object belongs to frame. And let say we have text control in the other class (dialog). How do I call method of another class from the other class, i.e how do I call button from dialog and dialog from button.

Suppose I want to manipulate the button, let say its label, but from another class which it doesn't belong (In this case Dialog)?

Lastly: What is relation between classes, objects, modules? I have tried to learn myself, but I find hard to grasp the real concept!

Thank you guys and girls for your help
Steve:)

LaRoza
October 10th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Lastly: What is relation between classes, objects, modules? I have tried to learn myself, but I find hard to grasp the real concept!

A class is:

class ClassExample:
def __init__(self):
print "I am a class"

An object is:

x = ClassExample()
#x is an object

A module is just a collection of code (usually, classes and functions) that can be used.

So:

import os
#os is a module