PDA

View Full Version : Unfinalized DVD

ACF1
October 9th, 2008, 08:32 PM
I have an unfinalized dvd-r that I would like to get the video off of. Is there a way to do it?

Question II: If I finalize the disk, can I later add more video to it?

Thanks

ww711
October 9th, 2008, 08:43 PM
I have an unfinalized dvd-r that I would like to get the video off of. Is there a way to do it?
Navigate to your DVD drive, then drag and drop your desired file to a folder of your choice.

Question II: If I finalize the disk, can I later add more video to it?
Thanks

No you can not.

CrazyArcher
October 9th, 2008, 08:43 PM
A1: Depends what prgram you've used to burn the first video. Generally speaking, yes.

A2: No, that's why it's called 'finalizing' ;).

EDIT: Your first question needs some explanation. What exactly do you want to do: copy a video from the DVD-R, or make the previously burnt video unacessible?

billgoldberg
October 9th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Ever since OPP closed more and more people seem to think this is ATB or something.

Am I the only one noticing this?

myusername
October 9th, 2008, 10:59 PM
no...i notice it too

ACF1
October 9th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Well, it is a recording from a camcorder. And I would like to get the video that is on there off while still being able to use the rest of the disk (cause the video is only about 4 minutes) for future recordings. My computer shows the disk as being empty. So it appears it will be rather difficult to pull the video off of it.

ACF1
October 10th, 2008, 08:29 PM
It seems to me, from what I have found, that isobuster will get it off there, but does anyone know of a free version that will do it? Thanks