PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] ununtu to xubuntu

vze57gc8
October 9th, 2008, 06:10 PM
i down graded from ubuntu to xubuntu. b4 the system loads, the OS is listed as ubuntu. while loading it loads as ubuntu. the login page is displayed as xubuntu but once i log in the desktop and everything look the same as ubuntu. is that the way it's supposed to be or do i have to do something to get rid of ubuntu

mikewhatever
October 9th, 2008, 06:33 PM
There is no way to downgrade as you've described it. You may have installed xubuntu-desktop, but in order to use it, you have to choose it from options at the login screen. You can also choose xubuntu to be default, and after making sure everything works, remove ubuntu by uninstalling ubuntu-desktop.
Hope that makes sense, but if not, do not hesitate to ask for more info.

vze57gc8
October 11th, 2008, 12:02 AM
ok so i installed the xubuntu-desktop. i dont get a xubuntu opion upon login though

celticbhoy
October 11th, 2008, 12:21 AM
you have to select xubuntu from the sessions option on the login screen

louieb
October 11th, 2008, 12:28 AM
In the lower left corner there should be a options menu click on it or you can open the option menu by pressing F10.

Now choose select session. Choose xubuntu (it may be listed as xfce) from there.

vze57gc8
October 13th, 2008, 04:57 PM
ok got it. thx alot guys. so if i wanted to remove ubuntu and stick with xubuntu, would that get rid of all my packages like ndiswrapper?

snowpine
October 13th, 2008, 05:01 PM
ok got it. thx alot guys. so if i wanted to remove ubuntu and stick with xubuntu, would that get rid of all my packages like ndiswrapper?

You can use these instructions to get rid of Gnome (aka Ubuntu) if you want: http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/purexfce

mikewhatever
October 15th, 2008, 10:52 PM

Probably not. Ndisrapper is not related to Gnome or its programs.