PDA

View Full Version : Found Tux on a small shop logo

Tmi
October 9th, 2008, 08:44 AM
http://users.student.lth.se/~f03thu/image-29.jpeg

Found this on a small store in my home town. Apparently the stores idea is to sell german imported food to a cheap price.

In my opinion it is quite weird that they use Tux so out of context.

The logo says "Always lower prices , Toto , livs (livs means food and other daily items)" and on the right it says "Hygiene, detergents ..."

Perfect Storm
October 9th, 2008, 08:47 AM
o_0

Tried to confront the owner about it? :mrgreen:

Tmi
October 9th, 2008, 08:48 AM
o_0

Tried to confront the owner about it? :mrgreen:

Well, no, just saw it today when I walked past it.

I guess there is no limitations on the use of the logo (right?) so they probably aren't doing anything wrong, except that it doesn't really fit so out of context in my opinion.

jespdj
October 9th, 2008, 09:01 AM
I wonder if the shop owner has any idea what Linux is.

mr.propre
October 9th, 2008, 10:32 AM
At that point I wonder about 2 thing

A) would he made the logo

or

B) would somebody else mad it for him and would he have payed for it?

barbedsaber
October 9th, 2008, 12:22 PM
I saw 'im on a cookbook, it was a womens weekly cookbook, and good ol' tux was on a cake. Someone else here saw it as well, and posted a picture of the front cover of the book. (hope they see this post, and remember the pic)

MunkyJunky
October 9th, 2008, 12:59 PM
I'm sure there's a small independent shop in Chapletown, Sheffield, UK that has Tux on the board outside. I think it's a computer shop though, so it may just be a 'We fix your Linux here, yes?!' kind of thing.

Johnsie
October 9th, 2008, 01:19 PM
he probablu googled 'penguin' and picked the best looking one

MunkyJunky
October 9th, 2008, 01:23 PM
he probablu googled 'penguin' and picked the best looking one

My girlfriend did that when she made my birthday card this year. She knew I love linux, so googled it, found Tux, and put it on the card. When she handed it me and I went 'TUX! :D' she was glad at least I knew what it was. She was clueless...