PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Newbie needs help

daytek
October 9th, 2008, 05:03 AM
Hi!
I just installed linux for the first time ever, so i have absolutely no idea of what i am doing here.

So here is the problem, whenever i try to open a file
a window pops up asking me to choose an application.the problem is that i have none in the options.

"see image attached"

Thanks in advanced!

dtek

Partyboi2
October 9th, 2008, 05:59 AM
It looks like you are trying to open a .tar.gz file. You will need to extract the contents, you can right click on it and choose "extract" Then there will be a new folder called something like bluebugger open that and you should then be able to view the readme file.
If you are wanting to install bluebugger have a look around on the web for a deb package. If not then you will need to compile it from source (what you have at the moment)

ad_267
October 9th, 2008, 07:09 AM
I don't think anyone should be helping this person. If you do a search for bluebugger it looks like it's a tool for cracking into bluetooth phones.

p_quarles
October 9th, 2008, 07:15 AM
I don't think anyone should be helping this person. If you do a search for bluebugger it looks like it's a tool for cracking into bluetooth phones.
I'm inclined to agree.

If the poster has a legitimate need for this software, he can PM me or another staff member and explain.