snova
October 9th, 2008, 02:34 AM
Ditto!

cardinals_fan
October 9th, 2008, 02:40 AM
I was already testing the beta :)

Jim!
October 9th, 2008, 02:49 AM
Installed. Haven't used Opera in a while. I downloaded the 8.04 version and I'm running it on 8.10Beta, I have it running side by side with firefox on this same exact page and for some reason this page is "blurry" when compared with the exact same page being viewed in firefox. Is this because I'm running it in 8.10? Also, how long ago did the look of Opera change? I don't remember the tabs being so huge! (Looks good)

LaRoza
October 9th, 2008, 02:51 AM
Installed. Haven't used Opera in a while. I downloaded the 8.04 version and I'm running it on 8.10Beta, I have it running side by side with firefox on this same exact page and for some reason this page is "blurry" when compared with the exact same page being viewed in firefox. Is this because I'm running it in 8.10? Also, how long ago did the look of Opera change? I don't remember the tabs being so huge! (Looks good)

The look changed in 9.50, but since I use the same .opera, I didn't see it until quite recently. I use http://my.opera.com/community/customize/skins/info/?id=644

Jim!
October 9th, 2008, 03:01 AM
The look changed in 9.50, but since I use the same .opera, I didn't see it until quite recently. I use http://my.opera.com/community/customize/skins/info/?id=644

Haha thats an awesome skin, kickin' it old school style!

LaRoza
October 9th, 2008, 03:05 AM
Haha thats an awesome skin, kickin' it old school style!

I just like it because it is dark and simple.

OutOfReach
October 9th, 2008, 03:23 AM
Awesome. I'm downloading now.

frankleeee
October 9th, 2008, 08:01 AM
I just like it because it is dark and simple.

I opera a while back after you had said you use it, it's much faster than FF.

Jim!
October 9th, 2008, 08:09 AM
it's much faster than FF.
I don't really notice any difference in speed.

frankleeee
October 9th, 2008, 08:23 AM
I don't really notice any difference in speed.

I have a old a21 thinkpad it seems to open faster and under some circumstances runs faster.

SunnyRabbiera
October 9th, 2008, 09:01 AM
I still hate the vista like theme, but I wonder how far it has gone with some of the flash issues I have had.

vasilis34
October 9th, 2008, 09:32 AM
I just starting to use opera in hardy and so far it seems to performs better than firefox. I have some problems with plugins though. First, the totem plugin doesn't work and tha java plugin also. I don't care much about the java since I am ruuning on 64bit ubuntu and there is only the icedtea plugin which I guess won't be supported by opera. My problem is with the totem plugin which I would like to be able to use. Has anyone found a solution to this??

btw. flash plugin from adobe just worked without any trouble. Plus I like that you can scroll when the cursor is on top of a flash. I hated that problem in firefox !

SunnyRabbiera
October 9th, 2008, 09:35 AM
I just starting to use opera in hardy and so far it seems to performs better than firefox. I have some problems with plugins though. First, the totem plugin doesn't work and tha java plugin also. I don't care much about the java since I am ruuning on 64bit ubuntu and there is only the icedtea plugin which I guess won't be supported by opera. My problem is with the totem plugin which I would like to be able to use. Has anyone found a solution to this??

btw. flash plugin from adobe just worked without any trouble. Plus I like that you can scroll when the cursor is on top of a flash. I hated that problem in firefox !

I am not sure how to fix the video issues, its why I have opera as my secondary browser with firefox my primary.

LaRoza
October 9th, 2008, 06:15 PM
I use flash 10 and have for a while.

9.60 works great, except gmail, in its own way, doesn't like it.

Disable javascript and use the basic view for gmail until google figures it out.

Half-Left
October 9th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Still not up with the times and fall back like most proprietary companies and software, defaults to Qt3 build, no Qt4 version which using the Oxygen theme.

LaRoza
October 9th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Still not up with the times and fall back like most proprietary companies and software, defaults to Qt3 build, no Qt4 version which using the Oxygen theme.

The beta has a QT4 version.

It is the best proprietary software I have ever seen, so much I base my OS around it. It is better than any free browser to me.

Jim!
October 10th, 2008, 12:36 AM
The beta has a QT4 version.

It is the best proprietary software I have ever seen, so much I base my OS around it. It is better than any free browser to me.

What do you like in Opera so much that would put it ahead of firefox?

LaRoza
October 10th, 2008, 12:38 AM

Opera: Has the features I want built in, without taking up RAM or prompting me to update them every time I use the browser. It is better looking and more usable.

Firefox is freer, but I don't get idealogical when it comes to software. I use what works best.

cardinals_fan
October 10th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Opera has everything I need built in. It also runs fast. In my experiences, Firefox has been a terrible browser. It is slow and very buggy. If I were to use something besides Opera, it would probably be Kazehakase.

Jim!
October 10th, 2008, 01:12 AM
To each his own I guess, firefox works quite nicely for me. Although flash has been a problem in the past everything is working quite smoothly for me at the moment.

SunnyRabbiera
October 10th, 2008, 01:16 AM
To each his own I guess, firefox works quite nicely for me. Although flash has been a problem in the past everything is working quite smoothly for me at the moment.

yeh same here, firefox runs like a dream.

ww711
October 10th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Opera 9.60 runs well for me, alongside Firefox.

Has anyone tried the Opera Link yet? Being able to store your bookmarks, speed dials, rss and other 'bits' in the cloud and then accessing them on your mobile or pda device, syncing between PC and mobile devices, is it all about the cloud now?!?!