PDA

View Full Version : New Rhythmbox feature

cbudden
November 23rd, 2005, 07:56 PM
Hey, just noticed a new Rhythmbox feature - http://static.flickr.com/31/66246800_9b5f4e3616.jpg?v=0

Quite cool.

xlyz
November 23rd, 2005, 11:46 PM
yeah. quite annoying

any idea how can I disable it?

/me hate tooltips

Wes24
November 24th, 2005, 01:37 AM
I like the DAAP (iTunes' music sharing) support much more..:)

potrick
November 26th, 2005, 06:51 PM
I installed the new version from the backports for the DAAP support, but after installing it I cannot for the life of me find where the DAAP support is. I know I have the new version because the bubble thing pictured above shows up amongst other changes, but DAAP is nowhere to be found. Anyone have any help, or is my computer just refusing to do it?

ssam
November 26th, 2005, 07:13 PM
any idea how can I disable it?

rhythmbox could really do with a preferences panel.

i expect that once the gstreamer api stablises then rhythmbox (and other media palyer) devs can really get on with making new features and not fixing api changes.

doclivingston
November 28th, 2005, 04:26 AM
I installed the new version from the backports for the DAAP support, but after installing it I cannot for the life of me find where the DAAP support is. I know I have the new version because the bubble thing pictured above shows up amongst other changes, but DAAP is nowhere to be found. Anyone have any help, or is my computer just refusing to do it?

Assuming that 0.9.1 in backports was built with DAAP supprt, there should be a "Sharing" tab in the preferences. If that tab isn't there, Rhythmbox wasn't built with daap support.

daveg
November 28th, 2005, 09:06 AM
It wasn't built with DAAP support

Wes24
November 28th, 2005, 10:15 AM
It wasn't built with DAAP support

Weird, I can use my brothers iTunes library in Rhythmbox. Or am I saying something stupid here...:)