PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Blu Ray Playback News Thread

jimmah6786
October 8th, 2008, 04:13 PM
I wanted to start this thread to help all of us using Ubuntu, be kept informed with the most current support for playback/ripping of Blu Ray retail discs.

I would like to start this thread with the following link here (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats/BluRayAndHDDVD) This method will work only if your current BD Drive host certificate has not been revoked. Either through online update, or playing a BD movie that updated the host certificate(without your knowledege).

I would like this to be a informative thread on the latest breakthroughs. I do not wish for users to post opinions, remarks, or unrelated/unproductive snipes. Hopefully this will help all us who are waiting for Blu Ray support be kept up-to-date.

So again here is the latest news:
It is possible to rip and then play your BD movies through the link above. This is only possible if your BD drive host certficate has not been revoke/updated to a newer version.

Helios1276
October 22nd, 2008, 10:26 PM
Good idea, I am in the same situation. The only thing holding me back from a full departure from windows is Bluray. I am still looking to see if my Nvidia Purevideo HD card is going to get some good drivers:confused: They havent even released the Xp ones yet.