PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] opera browser keeps freezing also computer runs realy slow

workshop1702
October 7th, 2008, 10:32 PM
hi my pc is playing up again , the opera browser keeps freezing, have a feeling it might be something to do with the flash player, but not sure,
also the pc seems to run realy slow some days , when i try sutting it down it takes about 5 minutes to do so which isnt normal.all this is getting very annoying, could someone please help as i dont have a clue how to fix these problems. thanks

appier
October 9th, 2008, 12:18 AM
The caveat is that I am very much a newbie at this. What happens to your computer's performance if you uninstall Opera? Does it go back to normal? You can easily reinstall Opera later from the repository if you decide you would like to try it again.

workshop1702
October 10th, 2008, 09:11 PM
havent tried it , i have a feeling its the flash player causing the problem maybe i should uninstall this as welland then reload them booth , do you have any idea if i will loose my bookmarks on opera and preferances , or how i can back these up before i remove, thanks for any help. andrew

appier
October 10th, 2008, 09:42 PM
I have never done this on Linux. On the Windows version, uninstalling the program itself does not uninstall the profile along with it. The behavior in Ubuntu is likely to be the same. However, with the program gone, the interactions with other programs should be gone as well irrespective of whether the profile is there. Regarding Flash, so far, I have had no problems with Flash, but the machine I have used most extensively does not have Opera on it either...

workshop1702
October 13th, 2008, 10:03 PM
appears it was the indexing problem in my other posts that was causing this problem, thanks for all the help .this problem is now solved