PDA

View Full Version : Linux Mobile?

semitone36
October 7th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Hi. I have a Palm Treo with Windows Mobile installed on it:
http://www.everythingtreo.com/images/700/Treo-700-Windows-Mobile.jpg

It does this funny thing about once a week. It crashes. Just like youd expect a computer to do, except on something even more important. So what I have learned to do is remove the battery and then re-insert it. After about 15 minutes it will "reboot" and I have to choose my time zone and then my phone works again... until next week.

So anyways it happened again today and it made me think back to when I used to run Windows on my computer and my computer would freeze all the time. I remembered how liberating it was to say "F*** YOU, WINDOWS!!" when I put Linux on it. Now if only I could do that on my phone... :-k

bufsabre666
October 7th, 2008, 10:47 PM
i looked all over to see if i could do that with my moto q. im getting a new phone when my new ever 2 thing is up in may and then im ganna hack the crap out of this phone to make linux run on it

Colro
October 7th, 2008, 10:55 PM
erm, not to try and break the subject you're trying to start, but windows mobile is pretty stable usually. I'd take that phone to verizon's customer service, especially if you paid for a warranty.

semitone36
October 7th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Perhaps. I can live with it, it never lose any data when it happens but the fact that it happens at all just aggrivates me.

jeyaganesh
October 7th, 2008, 11:20 PM
I heard same problem from some other people in another thread.
They also mentioned that windows mobile used to stuck and restart as like PC do.

My Nokia N95 do restart like twice a month. In N95 also you have to reset date and time again if you just remove and put back the battery.

For that Windows mobile problem only, i am afraid to buy SE Xperia.

semitone36
October 7th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Haha Im glad to hear that I am not alone! I wonder what would happpen if I asked the Verizon salesperson if they have a linux phone? Maybe Id get lucky and they would actually know what linux is...

i looked all over to see if i could do that with my moto q. im getting a new phone when my new ever 2 thing is up in may and then im ganna hack the crap out of this phone to make linux run on it

Dude seriously let me know if you make it!