PDA

View Full Version : Greetings, Carbon-based Blobs

Littleweseth
November 23rd, 2005, 04:03 PM
vBulletin tell Littleweseth he should make first post in Community Forum and say hello, so Littleweseth does this.

[ Sorry, couldn't resist the temptation to imitate a caveman. I'll be good, promise :D ]

Anywho, i'm Littleweseth, known to my friends, relatives and hangers-on in meatspace as Li-aung Yip (incidentally, if you google that every entry has to do with me and not some other 'li-aung yip' out there). I'm 16, living in Australia and last time I checked i was male, though of course Heisenberg might be playing tricks again.

I own two boxen : this computer here is Icarus, my six year old iMac running OSX 10.3.8 and barely coping with simultaeneous Firefox, Thunderbird, Adium and iGetter (not to mention httpd/mysqld and all those other server daemons i'm running on a G3 400mhz/320 Mb SDRAM platform). It's my backup for when Daedalus decides to be naughty and bork itself.

Daedalus is my 'grunt' box, such as it is. It's an Ath 2400 XP+ with 512 DDR, a 64mb Radeon 9000 graphics card that's having a bad time with all the salt+dust+moisture in the air here at the beach, and various other inconsequential stuff. (cough 19" CRT cough...) It dual boots WinXP Pro SP2 and Hoary. It does a good job for everything from the 'occasional' spot of CS:Source/Starcraft to heavy Photoshop jobs (as in 200mb/file heavy).

As for me personally, I'm a proud geek (albeit with above-average-geek social skills). I belong to deviantart, and used to do lots of skinning for Astonshell [www.astonshell.com] and still hang around there and do support on the forums, though I swear if I see another 'plz hlp me INSTALL THIS THEME PLZ THX URGENT!!11oneone!' thread i'll just scream, loudly. Up until about five days ago, i was a student at Tully State High School [tullyshs.eq.edu.au], but just graduated, w00t!. (And please don't comment on the quality of any digital media related to the school. I'm working on whipping up something which isn't quite so bletcherous.) Oh, and I know bits of C++ (pita) and PHP (l33t).

Whew. Well, there ya go folks, there's your introduction in-a-can for the day (or night, whatever. This is GMT +10, so it's 1am here.) Look forwards to incurring your wrath for not searching throughly before posting :D

`GooZ´
November 23rd, 2005, 06:54 PM
hello, and welcome to the forums :-)
Thanks for the very extended introduction. Glad to see you play Starcraft, one of my own addictions (well, until about 2 years ago, then I had to put myself to study...) I even used astonshell when I was back in windows :-)
Hope you will enjoy the forums and ubuntu as much as I do already! :-)