PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] sound issues (emu10k1)

zrohtyzn
October 7th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Hi,
Tried searching the forums for a while to no avail.
I've just switched over to Ubuntu from Debian, and am having a seemingly unusual problem with my sound-card. The sound works fine through my headphone output on the Audigy panel (it's an old Audigy Platinum) but it doesn't work through the rear outputs (the jacks that are physically part of the sound-card) whatsoever.
Still having Debian installed on a different partition, I booted it to ensure that the rear outputs didn't suddenly cease working for some reason... the card is getting pretty old - you never know... they worked fine there.
I'd be very grateful for any assistance with this matter... oh, and if anyone knows how I can get mplayer to work properly (keep getting "a52: CRC check failed! 0.197 ct: 0.008 3/ 3 ??% ??% ??,?% 0 0") then that would be awesome too :p
Z

zrohtyzn
October 8th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Realised I probably should add a few details:

Kernel Version is 2.6.24-19-generic

Distro is Hardy.

Regarding Mplayer, I've just determined that it works fine playing .avi files - it seems it's probably just dvd's that don't work.
I have installed libdvdread3 and libdvdread-dev. I recall having to install libdvdcss in the past, but when i apt-cache search it, apt only shows the dvdread packages.