PDA

View Full Version : [other] Fluxbox Menu Config Question

voltaire99
October 7th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Hi all,

I have looked all over the place for this and tried a million different things. I would like to have a single menu entry that will open several config text files as tabs in one instance of geany. I have gotten it to work this way:

(Fluxbox Config) {geany /home/xx/.fluxbox/init & geany /home/xx/.fluxbox/menu & geany /etc/X11/fluxbox/fluxbox-menu}

However, if I use this before opening geany for something else it will not open the tabs properly. I need a sleep, or wait between the commands to make it work properly. Can anyone help with this?

jay019
October 7th, 2008, 02:25 AM
Maybe make a geany project with all the files you want to open and then open that?
Just a thought, let me know if it works.

voltaire99
October 7th, 2008, 04:34 AM
Couldn't make the project work either, because, despite trying, I could not find a command to open the project from outside of geany.

voltaire99
October 7th, 2008, 04:52 AM
Triying:
[exec] (Fluxbox Config) {geany /home/xx/.fluxbox/init & sleep 10 & geany /home/xx/.fluxbox/menu & geany /etc/X11/fluxbox/fluxbox-menu}

jay019
October 7th, 2008, 06:03 AM
Ah, your right. It wont be available until version 0.15...
http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.bugs.dist/browse_thread/thread/7fec6e8f034a458e

Oh well, I tried ;)

voltaire99
October 7th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Jay019-It was a good idea, thanks for it.

Adding sleep didn't help, the first time I run the command it opens seperate instances of geany. It is made even more frustrating because at some point I was using a version of antix that did this perfectly. I have since thrown that antix cd out. I have burned two antix releases trying to find that particular setup (I thought it was 7.2), but have been unable to hit on the right one.

anticapitalista
October 7th, 2008, 06:04 PM
[exec] (Fluxbox Config) {geany ~/.fluxbox/menu ~/.fluxbox/keys ~/.fluxbox/init ~/.fluxbox/startup ~/.fluxbox/apps}

voltaire99
October 8th, 2008, 03:54 AM
Thanks for that anticapitalista. It looks like I basically had the right idea.

Also wanted to say that antiX is awesome; lightwieght, beautiful, very user friendly, and always getting better, it is definitely a favorite.