PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu Graphical Issue

Makitzar
October 6th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Hello,
i was about to install Ubuntu 8.04,well the thing is as i am about to install it for the first time(Using Xp for the couple of years),i have Live version so i chosed first option to try how it looks ..Ubuntu started to load and after few moments when he does,my graphic is goin mad,all colors messed up.. Any Clue ?
I have an GF6200 Graphic .. :confused:

upchucky
October 7th, 2008, 12:02 AM
it has picked the wrong settings for the graphics card, you will have to google that card or search the posts here to see if there are any tweaks to making that card play nice.

once you find the proper info, you will probably need to edit the xorg.conf file to set the right settings.

again search here for how to edit the file, and get a gui working.

there is a plain vanilla setting that may work enough to let you see a gui.

the vesa or nv driver I believe. along with a resolution setting of 1024x768, or 800x600 that may get a gui up for you, once you have a basic gui, then research will find info to set it up properly.

Makitzar
October 7th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Well thanks,at least i know whats the problem,its late i expected some "fast answer",well it was fast but with fast things done but this need few hours of finding info about it,ill post back tommoz ..

cooke77
October 7th, 2008, 02:13 AM
If your computer is a Desktop, get yourself a nVidia Graphics-card (recommended, as nVidia does 'support' Linux OSs.)

Makitzar
October 7th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Yea its a Desktop,what u mean "nVidia Graphics-card" ? I have Nvidia GeForce 6200 actually .. I tryed Safe Graphics Mode too but nothing ..