PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Firefox 3.0.3 opens over desktop pannels

pan2000
October 6th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Hello!

I'm running Firefox 3.0.3 on Hardy Heron and every time I open the browser it fills the whole screen and hide behind it the desktop top and bottom panels. To return it to normal size I go to full screen mode and back.

Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks,
Michael

Chokkan
October 6th, 2008, 11:09 PM
I had the same issue just this week. I turned off desktop effects and it hasn't happened since. Not much of a solution but....

npnutn
October 9th, 2008, 04:36 PM
I can confirm this problem on all three of my systems. My solution is to hit F11 twice (once to go full screen, a second to bring it back to normal). I say "solution" but it is more of a work around. Has anyone found a real solution?

justlcy
October 9th, 2008, 05:52 PM
i don't use firefox anymore

gnuvistawouldbecool
October 9th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Hold down the 'alt' key, then click anywhere on the firefox window and drag. It should move the window and then you can use it properly.

npnutn
October 9th, 2008, 08:54 PM
I've been a Linux user for a number of years, yet I didn't know about the Alt+Drag thing! I guess you learn something new everyday.

There is a bug report filed on this problem: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox-3.0/+bug/270400

The solution offered at the bottom of the discussion did not fix the problem for me. Maybe someone else will have better luck.