PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Why dosn't Ubuntufourms, share the Ubuntu Favicon?

hvac3901
October 6th, 2008, 03:59 PM
that slick little Ubuntu logo looks good up there next to the URL.. Why hasn't it ever been added to Ubuntufourms :) just a thought.

jpeddicord
October 6th, 2008, 05:50 PM
that slick little Ubuntu logo looks good up there next to the URL.. Why hasn't it ever been added to Ubuntufourms :) just a thought.

Moved to FF&H. It has the logo for it, but I guess it doesn't look as perty as the one on ubuntu.com. Though that's a matter of opinion.

hvac3901
October 7th, 2008, 12:54 AM
I had replied, but i guess it disappeared. Operator error.

I guess it never showed in IE for my work desktop, i have ben using it for a month now, and it still isnt there guess i'll resave the bookmark and see what happens. But now that i am once again on my laptop i see clearly there is an favicon, marked solved.

I was checking the Ubuntu Testng site for the Beta release, and thought that i had never seen the Favicon there. :oops:

cyberdork33
October 7th, 2008, 02:27 AM
IE has had favicon issues for years...

-grubby
October 7th, 2008, 03:10 PM
IE has had favicon issues for years...

It was the first browser with favicons too :||

schauerlich
October 7th, 2008, 03:24 PM
When it's 16x16, can you really tell the difference? Yes, the one on ubuntu.com is a little shinier, but I don't think it's that big of a deal.

cyberdork33
October 7th, 2008, 06:30 PM
When it's 16x16, can you really tell the difference? Yes, the one on ubuntu.com is a little shinier, but I don't think it's that big of a deal.
I don't think that is what he was talking about... Rather, no favicon was showing up for ubuntuforums in IE...

ubuntu-geek
October 7th, 2008, 06:44 PM
I accidently overwrote the favicon on a forum upgrade. I'll fix this tonight.

jpeddicord
October 7th, 2008, 08:14 PM
I accidently overwrote the favicon on a forum upgrade. I'll fix this tonight.

You sure?

http://ubuntuforums.org/favicon.ico

Cleared my cache and everything and it still loads.

lisati
October 7th, 2008, 08:20 PM
I hadn't actually noticed that there might be an issue....then again I don't very often use IE in any of its incarnations these days....

ubuntu-geek
October 9th, 2008, 03:29 AM
You sure?

http://ubuntuforums.org/favicon.ico

Cleared my cache and everything and it still loads.
:) I fixed it quicker then I thought I was going to be able to