PDA

View Full Version : Contribute to the Ubuntu Desktop Starter Guide

robstoffers
November 23rd, 2005, 10:41 AM
Hi,

Some of you might recognize me, but for those that don't I'm the author and maintainer of the Breezy Starter Guide (available in your Breezy help system). I'm currently working on the Desktop Starter Guide for the Dapper Drake release and on behalf of the Documentation Team I would like to ask the forums community for any input they would like to give to the guide. This is your chance to have your say!

We are after help in number of sections, however if you have an additional idea please feel free to submit it. The best submissions will be included in the Desktop Starter Guide for the Dapper Drake release, and the author of the submissions will be given credit on the Credits And License page within the document for their work. Also, for those wondering, there is no need to know Docbook XML, we are after plain English submissions of a few paragraphs in length.

Below is a list of specific sections we need help with. As I mentioned before, please feel free to submit anything you would like to see added. Also, please try to stick to GUI (graphical) tools where possible.

Getting Help

About Ubuntu Forums

Linux Basics

Terminals
Text Editing (using Gedit)
Directories and File Systems
Permissions
Users and Groups

Hardware

Digital Cameras
Sound Cards
3D Graphic Cards
Modems
Handhelds
Any other hardware..

Networking

Configuring The Network
Wireless
Networking Utilities
Any other networking...

To make a submission just reply to this thread or email them to me direct on rob1 at ubuntu dot com (rob1@ubuntu.com).

Thanks in advance,

{anthrax}
November 23rd, 2005, 11:30 AM
If I can get my winmodem working then I will write a section on how to get that operational. Lol however at the moment I'm not having much luck with it :p