PDA

View Full Version : Suggested additions for Ubuntu's forum.

Terry Jones
October 6th, 2008, 05:23 AM
With all the new people using Ubuntu. One the reason they use Ubuntu its excellent support forum. On the main forum page under the section Main Support Categories there needs to be the following new categories added to make it even easier to find critical information without having to Google for days.

1. Printer & Multifunction devices-This addition would make it easier for users to find support for printing. Common printing problems include sharing a printer between Ubuntu/Windows Windows/Ubuntu. Mac/Ubuntu. Finding drivers and getting multifunction devices to work.

2. Assistive Technology & Accessibility- This addition would allow the community to help each other in the use of assistive technology and show Conical's support for assistive technology in this distribution.

I have been using ,Fedora,Gentoo, and Ubuntu starting with 6.06. I have helped a lot of my family to move to Linux and Ubuntu. The Ubuntu support forum is great, these additions will make it even better. Please tell me what you think.

alzie
October 6th, 2008, 05:39 AM
I can't speak to point 1, but Assistive Technology & Accessibility does have a forum here: http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=145
although it is in "Other Community Discussions"