PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Sync Sansa e200 with banshee?

Nico0020
October 5th, 2008, 02:49 AM
Is it possible for me to sync my Sansa e200 with banshee?

I was able to get my player to work after changing the USB mode and changing a few settings in banshee to keep it from crashing. Apparently after reading through the boards (I still use Gutsy) there is a problem with it disconnecting when using Gutsy.

I got around that problem, but so far the only the only way ive been able to figure out how to add mass amounts of media is by dragging my Music library icon to my Sansa player Icon in Banshee. Say I have just added 30 random songs to my collection that I downloaded using amazons linux client and I want to sync those into it, how can I just add those songs?

Mud.Knee.Havoc
October 5th, 2008, 03:26 AM
I don't use Banshee, so I can't help you with that exactly, but I can offer a bit of hope!

I've got a Sansa e270 and find it very easy to add media to the player. I don't bother trying to sync it with a program, though. As soon as I plug it in via usb, it appears as a removable drive, so I can just drag and drop mp3s and movies to the player.

I also have Rockbox installed, which I recommend for Sansa owners (rockbox.org, it's a dual-boot OS that adds a lot of functionality to the player including nearly any audio format you can imagine, .mpg video, games, etc).

The only thing I have synched to it is gPodder, which will copy all newly downloaded podcasts to the player with one click.

Nico0020
October 5th, 2008, 04:21 AM
Yea I am guessing that is the only way to do it is just clicking and dragging I wish there was a program I could use to just sync it, as it is a pain trying to keep up with the recent music I have downloaded and need to transfer.

Other question is, before when I used to transfer stuff using banshee it would put all my files in my MUSIC dir, now it just puts them in the root dir. Anyone have an idea why it is doing this?

Nico0020
October 6th, 2008, 12:03 AM
well apparently it all started working properly again. I downloaded the beta version of the new Banshee. This is quite an amazing program. It does not look as good as Amarok, but offers a lot, so it is my program of choice.

Anyways, in the new version they added the option to have your MP3 player sync whenever you connect it, though this does not happen. but at least now I can put music on my MP3 player and it goes where it is supposed to with ease.