PDA

View Full Version : before posting

Riffer
October 4th, 2008, 05:25 PM
So how many read the whole thread before posting?

Dr Small
October 4th, 2008, 05:28 PM
I don't. I generally read about the first 2 pages, and the last 2 pages, and then go back to quote someone, and reply. Like, take this thread for example. I never read it either...

lukjad
October 4th, 2008, 05:34 PM
I just did!
Sometime I read the whole thing, but usually I just read a page or two. There are the odd times when I take a week to read all 300 pages and then make a responce but that is rare.

ianhaycox
October 4th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Well if zoobip does work for you then bipzoo is a much better app and uses KDE :)

elmer_42
October 4th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Well if zoobip does work for you then bipzoo is a much better app and uses KDE :)
I see what you did there.

lukjad
October 4th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Ha! Beebop is much better!

Canis familiaris
October 4th, 2008, 05:56 PM
If someone claims that she reads the whole thread before posting, I will challenge that person to post in the BUMP thread. :D

smartboyathome
October 4th, 2008, 06:04 PM
So how many read the whole thread before posting?

Depends on how long it is. If it is <=6 pages long (thats 12 pages for your standard, since I set in my prefs to show 20 posts per page), then I generally read it. If it is over that, I generally do not read the whole thing.

lukjad
October 4th, 2008, 06:11 PM
If someone claims that she reads the whole thread before posting, I will challenge that person to post in the BUMP thread. :D
I read all the BUMPs!

@smartboyathome
Nice hat. :razz:

smartboyathome
October 4th, 2008, 06:14 PM
I read all the BUMPs!

I applaud you, you did what most thought was impossible!

@smartboyathome
Nice hat. :razz:

Thank you. :KS

chucky chuckaluck
October 4th, 2008, 06:32 PM
so, what's this thread about, anyway?

Canis familiaris
October 4th, 2008, 06:33 PM

+1

Merry Christmas?

toupeiro
October 4th, 2008, 06:38 PM
I don't. I generally read about the first 2 pages, and the last 2 pages, and then go back to quote someone, and reply. Like, take this thread for example. I never read it either...

+1

Most of the time, if a thread I am interested in is already 15+ pages, I'll look at the beginning and the end unless it seems to be a flowing thread which few are. Most thread responses on this forum are individual responses to the OP, not a continuing flow of thought between several posters. Therefore, there is not much value in reading 15 pages of level one responses, since they all are most likely very similar to eachother. I try to look for tidbits in the first few or last few pages that have been built upon a bit. Other times I do exactly what everyone else does and just respond directly to the OP.

SeanHodges
October 4th, 2008, 06:42 PM
I usually read the first couple, but my short attention span means I never reach lukjad007's posts. ;)

lukjad
October 4th, 2008, 06:45 PM
It took a few weeks.

Your welcome. ;)