PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Vista Wubi installer Kubuntu KDE4 Error

robertsaron
October 4th, 2008, 03:04 PM
When installing Kubuntu KDE4.1 version inside Vista Ultimate I get this error: The following error has occured: All I can do is click ok.

I did install Ubuntu just fine previously and it worked. But I then uninstalled it through add/remove programs.

In an effort to resolve the situation, i deleted all windows temp files, all temp files and cache in internet options, also deleted c:\ubuntu and the backup folder.

When looking on the forums I was not able to see this specific error reported. I was hoping to play with KDE 4 w/o burning and running the install to a CD. I am not using an ISO, I have it set to download the files from the site, and then do the install. It work last time when doing the Ubuntu install this way.

Any one have any ideas? I am confotable with modding the registry, and system files if needed.

robertsaron
October 5th, 2008, 05:03 PM
So as a test i ran Wubi again and picked Kubuntu 3.5 version and the it started to download and install everything just fine.

My Guess that for the Kubuntu KDE4.1 Remix, its a problem with the repositories, is there any way I can point it to a different repository? I know it would work if I just ran it from the CD/DVD, but that kind of defeats the purpose of downloading a 4 meg files vs a 600mg files.

I want to give linux to more people and Wubi seems the best way to do it.