PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Enable Hauppauge Remote Colored Buttons?

rschapman
October 4th, 2008, 04:08 AM
I have a hauppauge remote that came with my 150 card. It has the TV, Videos, Music, Pictures, and Colored buttons on the bottom. How do I enable these buttons. I'm still a noob at a lot of this. Thanks for the help in advance. I tried searching around in the forums but may have missed something. If you can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

SiHa
October 4th, 2008, 08:59 AM
First, from a terminal window, run
irw and press some buttons on the remote - namely the ones that aren't responding. That will at least show you if they are defined in your lircd.conf.

You should get something like: (for a key that works)

0x00001754 00 OK Hauppauge
0x00001754 01 OK Hauppauge

Ctrl+C to quit from IRW

If the buttons you need show up with IRW then they are defined, you just need to tell LIRC what to do with them in your lircrc file

With 8.04.01, you have two files:

/home/<mythuser>/.lircrc
and

/home/<mythuser>/.lirc/mythtv

The first should be a bunch of include statements pointing to the relevant configs in your .lirc directory.

cd to this directory and edit the mythtv file:

sudo nano mythtv

There is a definition for each remote button:

begin
prog = mythtv
button = OK
config = Return
end

So you need to add an entry for each button that you want to use. the button = statement is the name of the button that IRW returns the config = is the keypress that you want to pass to Mythtv.

NoteIf you're using an earlier version of Mythtv, then I think you will just have a single file containing the key definitions for all the lirc applications.
/home/<mythuser>/.mythtv/lircrc

If, when you run irw you don't see the keys you want, the easiest way, I've found, is to simply record a new lircd.conf with irrecord. Post back here if you're stuck.

danbodoh
October 4th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Here's how I defined mine in /home/<mythtvuser>/.lirc/mythtv:

####
# Added by dan bodoh
begin
prog = mythtv
button = Red
config = D
end
begin
prog = mythtv
button = Green
config = i
end
begin
prog = mythtv
button = Yellow
config = Page Down
end
begin
prog = mythtv
button = Blue
config = Page Up
end

rschapman
October 5th, 2008, 06:31 AM
Thank you very much. That's exactly what I needed. That is probably some of the best and most concise help I believe I've ever received in a forum. This is why I will continue to use ubuntu and its many derivatives.

SiHa
October 5th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Glad to help. Feel free to click on the little medal at the bottom to say 'Thanks'. It's not compulsory though :D.

Also, if the poblem is solved, please go to Thread Tools > Mark as solved.

Cheers,

Simon