PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Getting multi-head, multi-user system working with Hardy and Nvidia.

ivaldes1
October 3rd, 2008, 10:17 PM
Hi, I'm trying to get a multi-head, multi-user system working with Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron, gnome and dual PCI GeForce FX 5200 cards, two Dell displays and two mice and keyboards attached to the same system. I have enabled the restricted Nvidia drivers but no nvidia-settings program to configure it further appears anywhere that I can see on my system. It is apparently supposed to be installed either in Applications or ? No amount of searching either web or my local system reveals where I am supposed to find this although some say this is a legacy app that is not needed for newer systems. That's fine but then how am I supposed to configure my system for multi-head and multi-user? ie I wish to have 2 or more workstations running from one Ubuntu machine. This should work only there seems to be a dearth of information on how to do this with Ubuntu 8.04 although there are several howto's that are now old and the information does not seem to work. Can anyone please help me out of the x configuration hell?

-- IV