PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Intrepid Release Party

zeronothing
October 3rd, 2008, 03:56 PM
Well gang its that time again. A new release is coming around the corner and time to brainstorm about a get together. The one release party was at The "Fox and the Hound" bar and grill. There were drinks, tv's, games, and a whole lot of geek talk happening. I believe we did it on a Friday because of peoples work schedules. So in reality it wasn't exactly on the release day but we treated it as such. Also if your not of the drinking age, make sure to let the forum know (don't actually give out your age, just let us know). this way we can find a place to fit all age groups. last time we had some people from high school come to the release part. which is awesome to see the younger crowd getting into Ubuntu. I hope to see some old faces plus some new ones. So jump in and voice your opinion. Have a good one everyone

TimBosse
October 4th, 2008, 03:45 AM
I was looking at Dave and Busters, Fox and Hound, a bowling alley, or another restaurant. Someplace a little more all-ages perhaps.

I am actually pretty partial to D&B, but I have been having a heck of a time trying to get a planning coordinator so I can figure a price.

The Fox and Hound was OK, but is not as conducive to conversation.

A bowling alley or restaurant would be some other awesome locations.

I have the next two weeks off from work. I was going to do some research on each of the sites and hopefully get info on some places.

zeronothing
October 4th, 2008, 04:18 PM
That is fine with me TimBosse. I just wanted to get some ideas running on the forums before it is too late to plan. let me know what you find out.

nonewmsgs
October 13th, 2008, 04:43 AM
The Fox and Hound was OK, but is not as conducive to conversation.

everyone there was wearing penguin clothing. i felt like i was among all kinds of linux lovers.

i would prefer a bowling alley or another restaurant, but i don't know if my vote counts, because i might not be able to make this one.

zeronothing
October 14th, 2008, 08:45 PM
hey I'm down with a bowling alley. it would be great if the bowling alley carried alcohol as well. while we are on the subject, I'm not a alcoholic, I just enjoy kicking back on grandpas old cough medicine every now and then. hope we can all get together.

jedijf
October 29th, 2008, 01:39 PM
It's booked!!!

Info here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PennsylvaniaTeam/EventsTeam/PittsburghIntrepidRelease

Have a great event.

elizabeth
October 29th, 2008, 01:39 PM
This mentioned in IRC last night, the details for the Pittsburgh Party!

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PennsylvaniaTeam/EventsTeam/PittsburghIntrepidRelease

SATURDAY November 8, 2008 at Dave and Buster’s, 180 E Waterfront Drive Homestead , PA @ 7PM

zeronothing
October 30th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Werd doooods!!! I will see you at the party!!!!

NightwishFan
November 3rd, 2008, 08:39 PM
Hopefully I will be there as well. It is likely. :D

;/ If there is a change I will not know easily. I would be grateful if someone would message me if there is.

):P

cdean
November 8th, 2008, 10:49 PM
I'll be there, along with my girlfriend. Approximately four more may accompany me, as well.