PDA

View Full Version : October 14 - We're all going to get abducted (or something), apparently..

MrLeN
October 3rd, 2008, 12:25 PM
For reasons which I wont bother going into, I regularly search YouTube for information regarding the UFO phenomena. 99% of the videos make me laugh. If you go to any UFO video on YouTube, you will see a single comment on just about all of them (using one of my many accounts) saying simply:

"Swamp Gas"..

Which I thinks quite humorous, when the video has tens of thousands of views and 5 stars all the way. Call me a troll, but the bigger the reaction I get, the funnier it is to me. Especially the people that declare, emphatically: "How on EARTH could you NOT believe after seeing THAT???". I just think it's hilarious. Sorry, but I do. I wont beleive ANYTHING I see on YouTube. The video editing technology these days is astounding. On the other side of the spectrum, I've seen enough blurry and shaky blobs and dots to last me an eternity. I think people are just far too gullible.

Now, as far as I can see -- this "New Age Movement" is the spearhead behind most UFO videos, articles, websites, books and just about everything else you can loom up relating to UFO's and unexplained phenomena.

That's all well and good, but I have a question. Why is it that the average New Ager seems totally spaced out? Why is it that they all recite practically the same things? Half of them finish every other sentence with "Namaste" (which is an Indian term that means respect), and all they talk about is love love love. I haven't got anything against love, but if I didn't know any better, I'd be inclined to think that something is hypnotizing all these people. Too much meditation?

Now, before any New Ager's get upset with me -- this thread isn't about bashing New Ager's or anything like that. I just think you're all weird is all; sorry.The whole thing here is that there's a lot of talk about some UFO's showing up in the skies on the 14th of October and it has me intrigued.

I don't know if anything is going to show up. I know that in this world, practically anything is possible. That's not to say I believe that Aliens from another planet will "grace our skies", but if something DOES show up -- then I submit that what ever it is is evil and we should be very wary. I have reasons for my views too.

Before I continue, let me post this video from the person that (as far as I can ascertain) started all this "14th of October: talk. She made this video months after all the rhetoric started:

Blossom Goodchild

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFyK2N4RG_o

Now, I don't really know who this woman is -- because as much as I search for UFO information, I really don't mix with the crowd. I have no need -- and like I said, I think most of them are plain out weird. Nevertheless, as far as I can gather, this woman is respected by many and apparently well known amongst New Ager's.

She seems like a level headed enough person -- and is probably a fantastic woman. If I met her and she wasn't saying anything about UFO's -- I'd likely see her as being totally normal. But I just came across this video which has over 5,000 views in 2 days and 5 stars. I am really sorry, but I have to say it -- if this guy isn't positively POSSESSED, then I don't know what is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umMdHQRT67A

He's not the only one either. I could go and get ENDLESS videos of people that are "really" weird and seem so spaced out and not connected with reality. People who go on and on about love and enlightenment and UFO's and aliens and all that.

I wont interject with what my beliefs are, because that doesn't really matter for the purposes of this thread. The main reason I made this thread is to offer a warning sorts. I have reason to believe that some pretty weird things are going to start happening before the end of this year. Don't ask me what. I can't be bothered explaining -- but I' not buying this "alien" story.

99.9% of people online who promote these types of things all say exactly the same thing. Aliens are coming here to increase our "vibration" and increase our love and usher us into a new age. You hear all this talk about 2012 and the Mayan calendar and Nostradamus prophecies, and Nibiru and, well.. the list goes on.

I don't really want this thread to become a "battle of beliefs". We can do without that sort of thing. I know for a fact that if I voiced my views, the thread wouldn't last 10 seconds. So lets keep religion out of this, so that the discussion can move forward.

What I would like is for you to give me your opinion on this so called 14th of October. You don't necessarily have to interject with "why" you believe what you beleive. Just what you believe by itself will do just fine.

For example: Have you heard anything about this 14 of October thing? If so what is your opinion? If not, then what is your opinion of people who do believe all this stuff? Am I alone in thinking hat New Ager's are odd?

As far as I am concerned, I think this whole New Age Movement is really spaced out. I just don't trust it. I see too many characters within its structure that give me the shivers -- and I am absolutely not being sarcastic or vitreous. I am stating what I see in a frank manner -- even though it probably wont cause some people who read to jump for joy.

Anyway, basically -- I just want other people's opinions on all this. Please try to keep it clean. I can foresee this thread getting out of hand. Moderators -- if it does, can you please just sort out the people responsible and not close the whole thread? We're all grown adults. We should be able to carry out a discussion such as this without anyone getting their knickers in a twist.

mips
October 3rd, 2008, 12:28 PM
We're watching you dude...

Edit: lol, I just watched a bit of that second youtube link and I'm rotfl.

Chessmaster
October 3rd, 2008, 12:43 PM
Cool. Can't wait. Hope the aliens are nice. ;)

Chessmaster
October 3rd, 2008, 12:47 PM
Here's a question for ya.

If a big daddy space ship did show up (you know, the 1 in a million, million, million, million...(and all the rest of the millions)...million percent chance)?

Do you think that anyone would show up to work that day? Or would everyone just stay home and watch it on the telly. :popcorn:

It certainly would screw with the head, not to mention the financial markets!

Sef
October 3rd, 2008, 02:04 PM
Canada is having elections on 14 Oct. Is there a connection? :p

DrMega
October 3rd, 2008, 02:29 PM
That's all well and good, but I have a question. Why is it that the average New Ager seems totally spaced out?

Too much of natures bounty perhaps.

Why is it that they all recite practically the same things?

In terms of UFO's, who knows. In terms of natural phenonoma, perhaps they just see the bigger picture better than most. The bigger picture doesn't change from person to person.

Half of them finish every other sentence with "Namaste" (which is an Indian term that means respect), and all they talk about is love love love. I haven't got anything against love, but if I didn't know any better, I'd be inclined to think that something is hypnotizing all these people. Too much meditation?

Once you realise that everything is connected, it is better to promote love and peace than hate and war.

Anyway, I couldn't be bothered to read all your post, sorry, there's nothing wrong with it, it is just too long for my limited attention span.

I hope we do all get abducted. I'll try to bring some beers. We can have one big party in zero gravity. If someone drinks to much and throws up, we can all marvel at the resulting lava lamp effect of the half digested beer mixed with gastric fluids.

zachtib
October 3rd, 2008, 02:31 PM
Nooooo!

that's a week before Android comes out

Tomosaur
October 3rd, 2008, 02:47 PM
I am open to the possibility of alien life - whether they would, or even COULD come and visit us is another question.

I see no logical reason why it couldn't happen, other than that there is no precedent. I have definitely seen a UFO while I was younger - but then, I was a kid so pretty much anything would have been a UFO!

All in all - all I can say is 'wait and see'. If it happens, great. If not, no big deal.

lukjad
October 3rd, 2008, 02:49 PM
Canada is having elections on 14 Oct. Is there a connection? :p
I can neither confirm nor deny the possibility or impossibility of a link or effect.