PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Custom default desktop environment configuration

ordaide
October 3rd, 2008, 12:22 PM
Is anyone aware of a way to impose my current desktop environment configuration and render that as default for all new accounts or users?

kerry_s
October 3rd, 2008, 12:38 PM
/etc/skel
and
there's also some settings in the configuration editor that you can set globally.

ordaide
October 3rd, 2008, 12:57 PM
That's interesting. etc/skel seems to give just logos and 'about ubuntu' files, which although useful, wont get me too far.

I can be a little more specific.

Although I have managed to customize desktop spaces and themes manually, I would like to edit global config files that effect default background screen color (always orangy brown) splash screens, Menu bar positions and color settings, themes and icons for my current account and apply those settings in place of the Ubuntu settings that would then be default if I was to open a new user.

Is anyone aware of a way to impose my current desktop environment configuration and render that as default for all new accounts or users?

Thanks.

Could you be a little more specific if possible about the configuration editor and mods required?

Thanks

kerry_s
October 3rd, 2008, 01:40 PM
That's interesting. etc/skel seems to give just logos and 'about ubuntu' files, which although useful, wont get me too far.

I can be a little more specific.

Could you be a little more specific if possible about the configuration editor and mods required?

Thanks

where did that quote come from, i hope your not doing more than 1 thread on the same thing, that's frowned up on.

just look in the configuration editor, under schemas, you'll see the setting for background and so on. i'm running a older gnome version so i can't be exact, i'd put a pic, but if your double posting than the thread will probably get locked and i won't be able to clean it up later.