erdosain9
October 3rd, 2008, 08:31 AM
Hello. I have a machine ...:
Mother: ASUS M2N-Plus is mx
Micro: AMD Athlon X2 5000
RAM: 1GB
Hard Disk: 160GB SATA
DVD: FOR IDE

.... MMMM ... and I think nothing more ...
Well, well, I've been trying to install ubuntu 8.04 amd64 and there is no case ... After choosing the keyboard, and so on. when it comes to the part of the partitions I choose guided ... but then to begin partitioning stays locked in 5% and does not move ... The mouse is still alive but does not pass the 5% ...

Please help ... I do not want to install the damn windows ...
In another machine I have ubuntu; is too good to lose ... in fact the computer for which I am asking is for my parents ... and they liked UBUNTU! Incredible ... since often I said linux and nothing to put ... and now that if I can not install !!!!!!!!

this is google translator

Please help!

overdrank
October 3rd, 2008, 08:48 AM
Hello. I have a machine ...:
Mother: ASUS M2N-Plus is mx
Micro: AMD Athlon X2 5000
RAM: 1GB
Hard Disk: 160GB SATA
DVD: FOR IDE

.... MMMM ... and I think nothing more ...
Well, well, I've been trying to install ubuntu 8.04 amd64 and there is no case ... After choosing the keyboard, and so on. when it comes to the part of the partitions I choose guided ... but then to begin partitioning stays locked in 5% and does not move ... The mouse is still alive but does not pass the 5% ...

Please help ... I do not want to install the damn windows ...
In another machine I have ubuntu; is too good to lose ... in fact the computer for which I am asking is for my parents ... and they liked UBUNTU! Incredible ... since often I said linux and nothing to put ... and now that if I can not install !!!!!!!!

this is google translator

Please help!
Hi and welcome, have you checked the cd for errors at the start and install page? If window is also installed on the system you may have to defrag a couple of times to help with this issue.

erdosain9
October 3rd, 2008, 09:00 AM
excuse me, I do not know why the post was hit twice ...

thanks for an answer.
The hard drive has nothing installed, I think it is not even partitioned ...
the integrity of the cd-check with the utility that brings cd

what can I do?

thanks

erdosain9
October 3rd, 2008, 05:12 PM
please help!!!

erdosain9
October 3rd, 2008, 05:26 PM
if I try to install ubuntu 32bit gives me this error message

mp-bios bug: 8254 timer not connected to io-apic

what can I do?

growingneeds
October 3rd, 2008, 05:34 PM
Please check the integrity of the CD that you are trying to install from. This can be done during boot time. Only proceed to install from the CD if it passes the integrity check.

If the install fails, do try the Alternate Desktop CD (http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download) for Ubuntu 8.04.1. It is less taxing on the system and generally gives a better success rate for installation on older systems.

iponeverything
October 3rd, 2008, 05:50 PM
Choose one of the other partitioning options.

If you nothing on that drive that you care about just tell it to auto partition and to use all the space.

what might be going on is that there could be an existing partition and the install program is trying to shrink it for you. Is the HD light lit while it is stuck? While its stuck do a ALT-F[1-12] -- see if you can find the VC where there is some info on what is going on.

good luck and don't give up.

erdosain9
October 3rd, 2008, 06:25 PM
ust start in linux ... could you say is that VC?

erdosain9
October 3rd, 2008, 07:35 PM
by the way the machine is branded (freezes) after a while in the live-cd

iponeverything
October 4th, 2008, 03:50 AM
VC is a virtual console you can see them by Doing <ctl><alt><fx> where fx
f1 thought f12

erdosain9
October 4th, 2008, 04:51 AM
Thank you very much, I feel stupid but it was the ram ... was broken; not occurred to me that because the ram was new ...
On the other hand, I installed the Ubuntu 32bit and gave me the message mp-bios bug: 8254, but when add noacpi ... started well, and then installing it and gave no error
thanks again ...

By the way, not to start another post ... do you know how to read mht with firefox ... or how can I get to read it?

Sef
October 4th, 2008, 05:01 AM
do you know how to read mht with firefox ... or how can I get to read it?

It won't work with Firefox (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MHTML). But it will with Opera (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MHTML).